Error

Treat, Lawrence (ed) - A Special Kind of Crime / Трит, Лоренс (ред) - Особенные преступления [1982, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Lawrence Treat (ed) - A Special Kind of Crime

Название: A Special Kind of Crime / Особенные преступления
Год выпуска: 1991
Под редакцией: Treat, Lawrence / Трит, Лоренс
Издательство: Doubleday
ISBN: 0-385-17993-6
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология детективов от MWA (Mystery Writers of America). Сюжеты связаны с какими-нибудь особенными видами деятельности ...
I'm Sorry, Mr. Griggs by STANLEY COHEN
Sugar and Spice by JAMES CROSS
The Nine-to-Five Man / С девяти до пяти by STANLEY ELLIN
Intruder in the Maize by JOAN RICHTER
Shooting Lines by GERALD HAMMOND
The Nine Eels of Madame Wu by EDWARD D. HOCH
Payoff on Double Zero / Двойное зеро by WARNER LAW
Blurred View by JOHN D. MacDONALD
The Love of Money by J. I. MWAGOJO
The Man Who Collected "The Shadow" by BILL PRONZINI
The Adventure of Abraham Lincoln's Clue / Ключ Авраама Линкольна by ELLERY QUEEN
Counselor at Law by AL NUSSBAUM
The Iron Collar by FRANK SISK
The Poisoned Pawn by HENRY SLESAR
The Canarsie Cannonball by GERALD TOMLINSON
A Matter of Kicks by LAWRENCE TREAT AND RICHARD PLOTZ
Blurred View
JOHN D. MacDONALD

The funeral was a wretched affair. I suppose it was done as tastefully as one would expect. But great gaudy swarms of Gloria’s friends from the television industry came up from the Los Angeles area. They were dressed sedately, but still managed to seem like flocks of bright birds, men and women alike, their eyes bright and sharp and questing.
They had been at the inquest too, turning out in numbers which astonished the officials. I had not been surprised. If I learned any one thing from my marriage, it was that those people are incurably gregarious. They had absolutely no appreciation of privacy and decorum. Their ceaseless talk is like the chatter of birds, and largely incomprehensible to the outsider.
After the funeral I settled a few final details before going away. The lawyer had me sign the necessary things. Gloria had managed to squirrel away more than I expected, and she had invested it very shrewdly indeed. My own affairs were in a temporary lull. Bernard, at the gallery, made the usual apology about not being able to move more of my work, and offered his condolences, for the tenth time. I closed the Bay house and flew to the Islands.
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему