Error

Pronzini, Bill (ed) - Chapter and Hearse / Пронзини, Билл (ред) - Глава и катафалк [1985, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Bill Pronzini & Marcia Muller (ed) - Chapter and Hearse

Название: Chapter and Hearse / Глава и катафалк
Год выпуска: 1985
Под редакцией: Pronzini, Bill & Muller, Marcia / Пронзини, Билл & Мюллер, Марсия
Издательство: William Morrow and Company
ISBN: 0-688-04184-1
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
Остросюжетные истории из мира книг.
THE MISSING SHAKESPEARE MANUSCRIPT by Lillian de la Torre
THE MAN WHO COLLECTED POE / Коллекционер by Robert Bloch
THE PENNY-A-WORDER by Cornell Woolrich
CLERICAL ERROR (= Foot in It) / Непредусмотренная подробность by James Gould Cozzens
MURDER WALKS IN MARBLE HALLS by Lawrence G. Blochman
REFLECTIONS ON MURDER by Nedra Tyre
THE ADVENTURE OF THE SPURIOUS TAMERLANE by August Derleth
ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS A WORD by Lawrence Block
QL 696. C9 by Anthony Boucher
MURDER AT THE BOUCHERCON by Edward D. Hoch
SEVEN TYPES OF AMBIGUITY / Семь видов неоднозначности by Shirley Jackson
THE DRAGON'S HEAD / Голова дракона by Dorothy L. Sayers
THE GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL / Великий американский роман by R. L. Stevens (Edward D. Hoch)
MYSTERY AT THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS / Отдел наркотиков. Тайна в библиотеке Конгресса by Ellery Queen
A CRAVING FOR ORIGINALITY by Bill Pronzini
CHAPTER AND VERSE by Ngaio Marsh
THE MAN WHO COLLECTED POE
Robert Bloch

During the whole of a dull, dark, and soundless day in the autumn of the year, when the clouds hung oppressively low in the heavens, I had been passing alone, by automobile, through a singularly dreary tract of country, and at length found myself, as the shades of the evening drew on, within view of my destination.
I looked upon the scene before me—upon the mere house, and the simple landscape features of the domain, upon the bleak walls, upon the vacant eye-like windows, upon a few rank sedges, and upon a few white trunks of decayed trees—with a feeling of utter confusion commingled with dismay. For it seemed to me as though I had visited this scene once before, or read of it, perhaps, in some frequently rescanned tale. And yet assuredly it could not be, for only three days had passed since I had made the acquaintance of Launcelot Canning and received an invitation to visit him at his Maryland residence.
The circumstances under which I met Canning were simple; I happened to attend a bibliophilic meeting in Washington and was introduced to him by a mutual friend. Casual conversation gave place to absorbed and interested discussion when he discovered my preoccupation with works of fantasy. Upon learning that I was traveling upon a vacation with no set itinerary, Canning urged me to become his guest for a day and to examine, at my leisure, his unusual display of memorabilia.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему