Error

Penzler, Otto (ed) - Agents of Treachery / Пенцлер, Отто (ред) - Агенты предательства [2010, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Otto Penzler (ed) - Agents of Treachery

Название: Agents of Treachery / Агенты предательства
Год выпуска: 2010
Под редакцией: Penzler, Otto / Пенцлер, Отто
Издательство: Vintage Crime/Black Lizard
ISBN: 978-0-307-47752-1
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Рассказы и повести о шпионах
THE END OF THE STRING by Charles McCarry
SECTION 7(A) (OPERATIONAL) by Lee Child
DESTINY CITY by James Grady
NEIGHBORS by Joseph Finder
EAST OF SUEZ, WEST OF CHARING CROSS ROAD by John Lawton
FATHER'S DAY by John Weisman
CASEY AT THE BAT by Stephen Hunter
MAX IS CALLING by Gayle Lynds
THE INTERROGATOR by David Morrell
SLEEPING WITH MY ASSASSIN by Andrew Klavan
THE HAMBURG REDEMPTION by Robert Wilson
THE COURIER by Dan Fesperman
HEDGED IN by Stella Rimington
YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON by Olen Steinhauer
SLEEPING WITH MY ASSASSIN

Andrew Klavan

I KNEW WHY she had come—of course I did—but I fell for her anyway—of course. That was what she’d been designed for and who I was, who they’d made me. I didn’t even question it much, to be honest. I’d come to hate philosophizing of that sort by then. Endless discussions about nature versus nurture or fate versus free will. In the end, what are you even talking about really? Nothing: the way words work, the way the human brain puts ideas together—what we’re capable of conceiving, I mean, not the real, underlying truth of the matter. I’m sure there’s some logic to a person’s life and all that. Some algorithm of accident and providence and inborn character that explains it. Maybe God can work it out, if he exists and has a calculator handy. Maybe even he shrugs the whole thing off as a pain in the celestial ass.
But for me, in the event, it was more poetry than philosophy or math. I saw her and I thought, “Ah, yes, of course, that’s who they would send, isn’t it?” She was death and the past and my dreams incarnate. And I fell for her, even knowing why she’d come.
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему