Error

Greenberg, Martin H. (ed) - Silicon Dreams / Гринберг, Мартин (ред) - Кремниевые мечты [2001, epub, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Martin H. Greenberg & Larry Segriff (ed) - Silicon Dreams

Название: Silicon Dreams / Кремниевые мечты
Год выпуска: 2001
Под редакцией: Greenberg, Martin H. & Segriff, Larry / Гринберг, Мартин & Сегрифф, Ларри
Издательство: DAW Books
ISBN: 0-7564-0018-X
Формат: epub
Качество: OCR (Jerry eBooks)
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология фантастики о роботах.
A Helping Hand novelette by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
Keepers of Earth novelette by Robin Wayne Bailey
Freddy Nearby short story by Laura Resnick
Lies of Omission novelette by Jane Lindskold
K-232 short story by Ron Collins
Sacrifices novelette by Jody Lynn Nye
Horsepower short story by Paul Dellinger
Take Two novelette by James P. Hogan
Left Foot on a Blind Man novelette by Julie E. Czerneda
The Protected short story by Paul Levinson
Fallen Faces by the Wayside novelette by Gary A. Braunbeck
Power Play novelette by William H. Keith, Jr.
LEFT FOOT ON
A BLIND MAN

by Julie E. Czerneda

FOR the record, I became self-aware as the left foot on a blind man.
I had a partner, the right foot. It didn’t become self-aware. Stayed as dull as a shoe, if you get my meaning. Why? How should I know? You must understand—I was never meant to be a thinker.
Nope, I was to be a Father’s Day gift to a weirdo—this blind old man who didn’t want me in the first place. The technical folks suspect that’s what started it all, but then, how should they know either? Nothing like this has happened before to an RRP—y’know, a Robotic Replacement Part.
What was the deal with my being a foot? You, and likely most people, are right to wonder why the old fool refused his kid’s first thoughtful offer: new eyes. Money wasn’t an object. Story goes, the old guy was an artist before age clouded his vision. Story goes, if you believe this, he claimed a deep mistrust of having his biological failures ripped out and replaced with something shiny and working—to the point of feeling as if he’d be looking out someone else’s eyes, so: no, thank you.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему