Error

Clarke, Neil (ed) - Upgraded / Кларк, Нил (ред) - Усовершенствованные [2014, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Neil Clarke (ed) - Upgraded

Название: Upgraded / Усовершенствованные
Год выпуска: 2014
Под редакцией: Clarke, Neil / Кларк, Нил
Издательство: Wyrm Publishing
ISBN: 9781890464318
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook (retail)
Язык: английский

Описание:
Рассказы о киборгах. Среди авторов: Elizabeth Bear, Ken Liu, Peter Watts, Greg Egan ...
Always the Harvest short story by Yoon Ha Lee
A Cold Heart short story by Tobias S. Buckell
The Sarcophagus short story by Robert Reed
Oil of Angels short story by Chen Qiufan
What I've Seen with Your Eyes short story by Jason K. Chapman
No Place to Dream, but a Place to Die short story by Elizabeth Bear
Married short story by Helena Bell
Come from Away short story by Madeline Ashby
Negative Space short story by Amanda Forrest
Fusion short story by Greg Mellor
Taking the Ghost short story by A. C. Wise
Honeycomb Girls short story by Erin Cashier
The Regular / Регулярный клиент novella by Ken Liu
Tender short story by Rachel Swirsky
Tongtong's Summer / Лето Тунтун short story by Xia Jia
Musée de l'Âme Seule short story by E. Lily Yu
Wizard, Cabalist, Ascendant short story by Seth Dickinson
Memories and Wire short story by Mari Ness
God Decay short story by Rich Larson
Small Medicine short story by Genevieve Valentine
Mercury in Retrograde short story by Erin Hoffman
Coastlines of the Stars short story by Alex Dally MacFarlane
The Cumulative Effects of Light Over Time short story by E. Catherine Tobler
Synecdoche Oracles short story by Benjanun Sriduangkaew
Collateral / Косвенный ущерб novelette by Peter Watts
Seventh Sight / Восьмой цвет радуги novelette by Greg Egan
Seventh Sight
Greg Egan

On my twelfth birthday, my cousin Sean sent me the keys to the rainbow. I carried them around in my phone for six days, unused, burning a hole in my pocket. Sean had hacked his own implants almost eighteen months before, so I was fairly sure that it would be safe to follow him, but I couldn’t begin to imagine what would happen if my father caught me rewiring my retinas.
I waited for a Sunday afternoon, when my parents were preoccupied with a movie. I closed the door to my room and drew the curtains. The door had no lock, so I lay in bed with my head under the covers, staring at my phone until the screen went dark. In the blackness I thought about my grandfather, blinded by nothing more than the gene we shared, but sightless for so long that the implants had been powerless to bring him back into the light. My confidence in the trail Sean had blazed began to waver; his implants and mine were the same model, but everyone’s body was unique. I did not want to end up blind—and even if the changes I wrought were reversible with a trip to the optometrist to restore the implants’ settings, that was not something I could do without my parents finding out.
I jiggled the phone and it lit up again, showing the circular rainbow of the app’s startup screen. The hues in this fanciful icon were crisper and clearer than those of any rainbow I’d seen in the sky, but then my bio-sighted friends had assured me that they could never make out the mythical “seven colors,” either, and I had no reason to doubt them. My implants did their best to mimic the color vision of the human eye, by matching the typical responses of the three kinds of human cone cells. But this mimicry was a matter of choice, not necessity—and I wouldn’t need any new hardware inside my skull in order to move beyond it.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему