Error

Greenberg, Martin H. (ed.) - Lost Trails / Гринберг, Мартин (ред.) - Потерянные следы [2007, epub, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Martin H. Greenberg (ed.) - Lost Trails

Название: Lost Trails / Потерянные следы
Год выпуска: 2007
Под редакцией: Greenberg, Martin H. & Davis, Russell / Гринберг, Мартин & Дэвис, Рассел
Издательство: Pinnacle
ISBN: 978-0-7860-1824-6
Формат: epub
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология вестерна. Среди авторов: William W. Johnstone, Louis L’Amour ...
Mark and Bill by Loren D. Estleman
After Blackjack Dropped by Robert Vardeman
To Shoe a Horse by Don Coldsmith
Dancing Silver by Ken Hodgson
Bear River Tom and the Mud Creek Massacre by William W. Johnstone and J. A. Johnstone
Blue Horse Mesa by John D. Nesbitt
The Ones He Never Mentioned by Jeff Mariotte
What Really Happened to Billy the Kid by John Duncklee
The Tombstone Run by John Helfers and Kerrie Hughes
The Wild-Eyed Witness by Lori Van Pelt
The Gift of Cochise by Louis L’Amour
Younger and Faster by Mike Thompson
The Cody War by Johnny D. Boggs
Born to Be Hanged by Elmer Kelton
Bear River Tom and the Mud Creek Massacre
William W. Johnstone and J. A. Johnstone

It was a fine summer day in Abilene, in the Year of Our Lord 1870, when I came nigh to losin’ a fight for the first time since my days in the prize ring back in New York City.
A few weeks earlier, some of the city fathers come to me and asked me to take the job of city marshal because they knew I was a tough hombre and had wore a lawman’s star in a few other places. I accepted, but only after tellin’ ’em that the only way I’d take the job was if I had a free hand to carry it out the way I saw fit, without interference from nobody. In them days, Abilene was a mighty wild place, and had been ever since the trail herds had started comin’ up from Texas a few years earlier. Sometimes, likkered-up cowboys outnumbered the reg’lar citizens half a dozen to one. So those old boys just looked at me and said, “We don’t give a hoot in hell how you do it, Tom, just get it done.”
So the first thing I done was to get some signs made up sayin’ it was unlawful to carry firearms inside the town limits, and then I put’em up in the saloons and the whorehouses and other places where the cowboys went, and on the road leadin’ into town too. Lord, you never heard such caterwaulin’ as when those Texans saw them signs. I thought one or two of ’em was gonna fall down and go to foamin’ at the mouth. But after a few of ’em gave me lip about the new rule and I had to crack their heads together for ’em, the rest of the bunch started payin’ more attention. Killin’s fell off to where there weren’t more’n one or two a night. Compared to the way it’d been not long before, Abilene had got plumb peaceful.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему