Error

Edwards, Martin (ed.) - Guilty Creatures: A Menagerie of Mysteries / Эдвардс, Мартин (ред.) - Виновные твари: детективный зоопарк [2021, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Martin Edwards (ed.) - Guilty Creatures: A Menagerie of Mysteries

Название: Guilty Creatures: A Menagerie of Mysteries / Виновные твари: детективный зоопарк
Год выпуска: 2021
Под редакцией: Edwards, Martin / Эдвардс, Мартин
Издательство: The British Library
ISBN: 978 0 7123 6743 1
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook (retail)
Язык: английский

Описание:
Классический британский детектив. Преступления и/или расследования, в которых животные играют существенную роль.
The Adventure of the Lion's Mane / Львиная грива by Arthur Conan Doyle
The Case of Janissary by Arthur Morrison
The Sapient Monkey by Headon Hill
The Green Parrakeet by F. Tennyson Jesse
The Oracle of the Dog / Вещая собака by G. K. Chesterton
The Man Who Hated Earthworms / Человек, ненавидевший дождевых червей by Edgar Wallace
The Courtyard of the Fly by Vincent Cornier
The Yellow Slugs by H. C. Bailey
Pit of Screams by Garnett Radcliffe
Hanging by a Hair by Clifford Witting
The Man Who Shot Birds by Mary Fitt
Death in a Cage by Josephine Bell
The Man Who Loved Animals by Penelope Wallace
The Hornet's Nest by Christianna Brand
THE MAN WHO HATED EARTHWORMS
Edgar Wallace

“The death has occurred at Staines of Mr. Falmouth, late Superintendent of the Criminal Investigation Department. Mr. Falmouth will best be remembered as the Officer who arrested George Manfred, the leader of the Four Just Men gang. The sensational escape of this notorious man is perhaps the most remarkable chapter in criminal history. The ‘Four Just Men’ was an organisation which set itself to right acts of injustice which the law left unpunished. It is believed that the members were exceedingly rich men who devoted their lives and fortunes to this quixotic but wholly unlawful purpose. The gang has not been heard of for many years.”
Manfred read the paragraph from the Morning Telegram and Leon Gonsalez frowned.
“I have an absurd objection to being called a ‘gang,’” he said, and Manfred smiled quietly.
“Poor old Falmouth,” he reflected, “well, he knows! He was a nice fellow.”
“I liked Falmouth,” agreed Gonsalez. “He was a perfectly normal man except for a slight progenism—”
Manfred laughed.
“Forgive me if I appear dense, but I have never been able to keep up with you in this particular branch of science,” he said, “what is a ‘progenism’?”
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему