Error

Lees, Hannah - Death in the Doll's House / Лиз, Ханна - Смерть в кукольном домике [1943, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Hannah Lees - Death in the Doll's House

Название: Death in the Doll's House / Смерть в кукольном домике
Автор: Lees, Hannah & Bachmann, Lawrence P. / Лиз, Ханна & Бахман, Лоуренс
Год выпуска: 1943
Опубликовано: The Saturday Evening Post, January 16 - February 27, 1943
ISBN: НЕТ
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR (Jerry eBooks)
Язык: английский

Описание:
Много кто мог убить эгоистичную красавицу Селию Старлинг, но секрет этого убийства - в голове ее маленькой дочери.
На основе этой книги в 1950 году был выпущен фильм "Shadow on the Wall" (Тень на стене).
Электронное издание - Jerry eBooks.

“LOOK, Judy.” Blacker Farragon stopped by one of the big windows and stared moodily across the hospital grounds. Even in their January bleakness they looked elegant and expensive, which they were. But his “Look, Judy” was strictly figurative. Black obviously wasn’t seeing beyond the bridge of his quite substantial nose. His heavy eyebrows were flat with irritation. “Looks like I’m going to have to stand you up tonight, Jude,” he said.
“That’s not a major tragedy.” The small sandy nurse with the triangular face of a young deer laughed quickly to hide her disappointment. She shifted the intravenous tray she was carrying. It was heavy, with that flask of glucose balanced on top, and she wondered ironically why a man who wouldn’t let you carry a loaf of bread across the street would practically let you carry a patient, once he got inside a hospital, rather than menace his professional dignity. “I’ll be sort of glad of a quiet night, anyway,” she added unnecessarily, and waited, wondering if he was going to explain.
“Wish I thought mine was going to be,” he grunted. “Celia wants me to come work on Ranny. At least”—he frowned harder—“that’s what she says she wants. Look.” He put his hand in his pocket as if reaching for something, but when it came out, after a pause, all it held was a cigarette. “Oh, the hell with it,” he said, and pulled matches quickly from his other pocket.
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему