Error

Manson, Cynthia (ed.) - Crime à la Carte / Мэнсон, Синтия (ред.) - Преступление в меню [1994, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Cynthia Manson (ed.) - Crime à la Carte

Название: Crime à la Carte / Преступление в меню
Год выпуска: 1994
Под редакцией: Manson, Cynthia / Мэнсон, Синтия
Издательство: Signet
ISBN: 0451180526
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
Детективы, в которых существенную роль играют еда и вино ...
EXOTIC CUISINE by George Baxt
RECIPE: VEAL MEAT AGAIN
THE MAGGODY FILES: SPICED RHUBARB by Joan Hess
RECIPE: BLUE-RIBBON SPICED RHUBARB COMPOTE
BLOWN UP by Robert Barnard
RECIPE: PORK FILLET CHASSEUR
ALFRED KARNS, ACCESSORY by T. M. Adams
THE CASE OF THE AMATEUR DETECTIVE AND THE CHICKEN by James A. Noble
JUST DESSERTS by Stanley Ellin
TWENTY-FOUR PETITS FOURS by M.F.K. Fisher
RECIPE: NORTH COUNTRY TART
ONE CAN OF PEACHES by Edward D. Hoch
THE HERB OF DEATH by Agatha Christie
SEVEN ART SOUPS by Stringfellow Forbes
IF COOKS COULD KILL by Robert Gray
IN VINO VERITAS by A. A. Milne
A COFFIN OF RICE by Martin Limon
THE GOURMET KIDNAPER by Jack Ritchie
MY COMPLIMENTS TO THE CHEF by Marge Blaine
LAMB TO THE SLAUGHTER by Roald Dahl
A DRY MANHATTAN STORY by Alan Gordon
THE AVENGING CHANCE by Anthony Berkeley
FOOD FOR THOUGHT by Victor Canning
In Vino Veritas

A. A. Milne

I am in a terrible predicament, as you will see directly. I don’t know what to do. . .
“One of the maxims which I have found most helpful in my career,” the superintendent was saying, “apart, of course, from employing a good press agent, has been the simple one that appearances are not always deceptive. A crime may be committed exactly as it seems to have been committed, and exactly as it was intended to be committed.” He helped himself and passed the bottle.
“I don’t think I follow you,” I said, hoping thus to lead him on.
I am a writer of detective stories. If you have never heard of me, it can only be because you don’t read detective stories. I wrote Murder on the Back Stairs and The Mystery of the Twisted Eglantine, to mention only two of my successes. It was this fact, I think, which first interested Superintendent Frederick Mortimer in me, and, of course, me in him. He is a big fellow with the face of a Roman emperor; I am rather the small neat type. We gradually became friends, and so got into the habit of dining together once a month, each in turn being host in his own flat. He liked talking about his cases and naturally I liked listening. I may say now that Blood on the Eiderdown was suggested to me by an experience of his at Crouch End. He also liked putting me right when I made mistakes, as so many of us do, over such technical matters as fingerprints and Scotland Yard procedure. I had always supposed, for instance, that you could get good fingerprints from butter. This, apparently, is not the case. From buttery fingers on other objects, yes, but not from the pat of butter itself, or, anyhow, not in hot weather. This, of course, was a foolish mistake of mine, as in any case Lady Sybil would not have handled the butter directly in this way, as my detective should have seen. My detective, by the way, is called Sherman Flagg, and is pretty well known by now. Not that this is germane to my present story.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему