Error

Jakubowski, Maxim (ed.) - The Book of Extraordinary Impossible Crimes and Puzzling Deaths / Якубовски, Максим (ред.) - Книга выдающихся невозможных преступлений и загадочных смертей [2020, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Jakubowski, Maxim (ed.) - The Book of Extraordinary Impossible Crimes and Puzzling Deaths

Название: The Book of Extraordinary Impossible Crimes and Puzzling Deaths / Книга выдающихся невозможных преступлений и загадочных смертей
Год выпуска: 2020
Под редакцией: Jakubowski, Maxim / Якубовски, Максим
Издательство: Mango Publishing Group
ISBN: 978-1-64250-219-0
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook (retail)
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология составлена из новых произведений (2020 год), тематика - полностью соответствует названию антологии Smile
The Locked Cabin by Martin Edwards 
It's Not What You Know by O'Nel De Noux 
Murder in Pelham Wood by Jared Cade 
The Last Thing I Do by Amy Myers 
By a Thread by Keith Brooke 
Goobers by Michael Bracken and Sandra Murphy 
Whatever Remains by Ashley Lister 
The Golden Hour by Paul Charles 
Expiration Date by Bev Vincent 
The Window by Deryn Lake 
Gorilla Tactics by Eric Brown 
The Golden Princess by Jane Finnis 
The Case of the Impossible Suicides by John Grant 
The Fire Inside by David Quantick 
Menace in Venice by Rhys Hughes 
The House by the Thames by Christine Poulson 
Black's Last Case by L.C. Tyler 
Killing Kiss by Lavie Tidhar
The Case of the Impossible Suicides 

JOHN GRANT

So what exactly is all this about, er… What did you say your name was?” Sir Basil Derringpole puckered his lips as if the very words of the English language were distasteful to him.
“Chaveney,” I said, “Jack Chaveney. I married your niece last year.”
“Ah, yes.” He dabbed fastidiously at those lips with a spotlessly white handkerchief. “A lovely wedding. Quite lovely.”
He hadn’t in fact been there, instead sending us a matching set of black Bakelite ashtrays that Cynthia had incorporated into the rockery she was building.
“I’ve been researching—” I started.
“You’re the scribbler, aren’tcha, young man?”
“I write detective stories for a living, yes. You may have read some of them.”
“Doubt it. Dashed foolish, detective stories. Nothing like the real thing.”
I looked at him dourly, ruefully conceding that, if anyone was qualified to make this judgment, it was Cynthia’s Uncle Basil. He was employed by some mysterious department of the Home Office to do work about which he wasn’t allowed to talk. In his spare time, of which it seemed he had a plethora, he assisted the police in some of their most intractable criminal investigations. The Case of the Supernumerary Widow. The Incident of the Dog’s Ball. The Horrific Affair of the One-Eyed Basilisk. Great titles for novels I’d never write. All of these investigations and more had made the front pages of our lower-browed press, and even some of the higher-browed papers had on occasion deigned to pay heed. Not that Sir Basil’s name was ever mentioned publicly in connection with such sensational matters, of course. But his superiors knew, and his family knew, and even I, as the most recent addition to the family bar the newborn Earl of Crumford, knew.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему