Error

Fawcett, Bill (ed.) - Shadows of the New Sun / Фосетт, Билл (ред.) - Тени Нового Солнца [2013, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Bill Fawcett & J. E. Mooney (ed.) - Shadows of the New Sun

Название: Shadows of the New Sun / Тени Нового Солнца
Год выпуска: 2013
Под редакцией: Fawcett, Bill & Mooney, J. E. / Фосетт, Билл & Муни, Дж.Э.
Издательство: Tor
ISBN: 978-1-4668-1416-5
Формат: EPUB
Качество: Retail eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология произведений в честь Джина Вулфа
Frostfree by Gene Wolfe
A Lunar Labyrinth / Лунный лабиринт by Neil Gaiman
The Island of the Death Doctor by Joe Haldeman
A Touch of Rosemary by Timothy Zahn
Ashes by Steven Savile
Bedding by David Drake
... And Other Stories by Nancy Kress
The Island of Time by Jack Dann
The She-Wolf's Hidden Grin / Ухмылка затаившейся волчицы by Michael Swanwick
Snowchild by Michael A. Stackpole
Tourist Trap by Barry N. Malzberg and Mike Resnick
Epistoleros by Aaron Allston
Rhubarb and Beets by Todd McCaffrey
Tunes from Limbo, But I Digress by Judi Rohrig
In the Shadow of the Gate by William C. Dietz
Soldier of Mercy by Marc Aramini
The Dreams of the Sea by Jody Lynn Nye
The Log by David Brin
The Sea of Memory by Gene Wolfe
The She-Wolf’s Hidden Grin

MICHAEL SWANWICK

When I was a girl, my sister Susanna and I had to get up early whether we were rested or not. In winter particularly, our day often began before sunrise, and because our dormitory was in the south wing of the house, with narrow windows facing the central courtyard and thus facing north, the lurid, pinkish light sometimes was hours late in arriving, and we would wash and dress while we were still uncertain whether we were awake. Groggy and only half coherent, we would tell each other our dreams.
One particular dream I narrated to Susanna several times before she demanded I stop. In it, I stood before the main doorway to our house staring up at the marble bas-relief of a she-wolf suckling two infant girls (though in waking life the babies similarly feeding had wee chubby penises my sister and I had often joked about), with a puzzled sense that something was fundamentally wrong. “You are anxious for me to come out of hiding,” a rasping whispery voice said in my ear. “Aren’t you, daughter?”
I turned and was not surprised to find the she-wolf standing behind me, her tremendous head on the same level as my own. She was far larger than any wolf from ancestral Earth. Her fur was greasy and reeked of sweat. Her breath stank of carrion. Her eyes said that she was perfectly capable of ripping open my chest and eating my heart without the slightest remorse. Yet, in the way of dreams, I was not afraid of her. She seemed to be as familiar as my own self.
“Is it time?” I said, hardly knowing what I was asking. “No,” the mother-wolf said, fading.
And I awoke.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему