Error

Turtledove, Harry (ed.) - The Enchanter Completed / Тертлдав, Гарри (ред.) - Чародей завершенный [2005, fb2, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Turtledove, Harry (ed.) - The Enchanter Completed: A Tribute Anthology for L. Sprague de Camp

Название: The Enchanter Completed / Чародей завершенный
Год выпуска: 2005
Под редакцией: Turtledove, Harry / Тертлдав, Гарри
Издательство: Baen
ISBN: 0-7434-9904-2
Формат: fb2
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология посвящена памяти Лайона Спрэга де Кампа и содержит произведения, так или иначе относящиеся к мирам и героям этого замечательного автора ...
Sprague: An Introduction essay by Harry Turtledove
A Land of Romance novelette by David Drake
The Ensorcelled ATM short story by Michael F. Flynn
Penthesilia novelette by Judith Tarr
Ripples short story by Richard Foss
Gun, Not for Dinosaur short story by Chris Bunch
Father Figures novelette by Susan Shwartz
Tom O'Bedlam and the Mystery of Love novelette by Darrell Schweitzer
One for the Record novelette by Esther M. Friesner
The Haunted Bicuspid short story by Harry Turtledove
Return to Xanadu short story by Lawrence Watt-Evans
The Apotheosis of Martin Padway novelette by S. M. Stirling
The Deadly Mission of P. Snodgrass / Чрезвычайная миссия Финеаса Снодграсса essay by Frederik Pohl
The Garden Gnome Freedom Front novelette by Laura Frankos
The Newcomers novelette by Poul Anderson
Sprague: An Afterword essay by Robert Silverberg
Gun, Not for Dinosaur

Chris Bunch

Now, Paul, you know I can't talk about that, even if you keep pouring til I'm wooden-legged.
Oh.
And what's this you're taking from under the bar, with that little smile?
M'god. I didn't know there was a bottle of Old Rare Jack Dann east of Sydney.
You're trying to bribe me.
And I know what you want me to do my tra-las about. That damned safari the hacks are calling the Mystery Death of Sir Peter Kilbrew, or Murder in the Pleistocene or Strange Time Hunter Killing or . . . or whatever other cockup labels they can come up with.
Sir Peter my arse. Born and bred a Texan, which is hardly one of my favorite sports, and getting that courtesy knighthood from King Willie just because he got the Royal Army's computer system to quit having the technicolor spits.
Damned glad you Americans beat hell out of the Brits back when, so when I'm here I don't have to worry about damned titles, theirs or mine.
I need another drink.
'Tis misfortune that I'm feeling bribable right now about Sir Peter, for the truth. Most likely it was that damned taxman, who wanted to look at all the records, and wouldn't let me get any real work done today.
I'm just a bit red-arsed about the bloody government, to tell the truth.
For it's not only their wandering about with their thumb up that kept proper sanctions from being put in place, which brought the whole bloody disaster to term, but now they're going to pass laws and regulations and call in air strikes for anyone who's not a proper civilized nation who even thinks about setting up a time machine.
You'd think it was the old days, when everybody who had a nuclear bomb was piss-scared somebody else, generally somebody of a darker complexion, might get one too.
But keep me off politics. I get into raving, and then my wife has got to take hell's own forever to calm me down.
But pour me about six fingers of that Jack Dann, and I'll tell you most, maybe even all, the truth.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему