Error

Preiss, Byron (ed.) - Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe / Присс, Байрон (ред.) - Филип Марлоу Раймонда Чандлера [2011, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Preiss, Byron (ed.) - Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe

Название: Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe / Филип Марлоу Раймонда Чандлера
Год выпуска: 2011
Под редакцией: Preiss, Byron / Присс, Байрон
Издательство: iBooks
ISBN: 1-588-24001-0
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Другие авторы о главном герое Чандлера.
FOREWORD by Byron Preiss
INTRODUCTION by Robert Parker
THE PERFECT CRIME by Max Allan Collins
THE BLACK-EYED BLONDE by Benjamin M. Schutz
GUN MUSIC by Loren D. Estleman
SAVING GRACE by Joyce Harrington
MALIBU TAG TEAM by Jonathan Valin
SAD-EYED BLONDE by Dick Lochte
THE EMPTY SLEEVE by W. R. Philbrick
DEALER'S CHOICE by Sara Paretsky
RED ROCK by Julie Smith
THE DEEPEST SOUTH by Paco Ignacio Taibo II
CONSULTATION IN THE DARK by Francis M. Nevins, Jr.
IN THE JUNGLE OF CITIES by Roger L. Simon
STAR BRIGHT by John Lutz
STARDUST KILL by Simon Brett
LOCKER 246 by Robert J. Randisi
BITTER LEMONS by Stuart M. Kaminsky
THE MAN WHO KNEW DICK BONG by Robert Crais
ESSENCE D'ORIENT by Edward D. Hoch
IN THE LINE OF DUTY by Jeremiah Healey
THE ALIBI by Ed Gorman
THE DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND by James Grady[/i]
ASIA by Eric Van Lustbader
MICE by Robert Campbell
THE PENCIL / Карандаш by Raymond Chandler
SIXTY-FOUR SQUARES by J. Madison Davis
SUMMER IN IDLE VALLEY by Roger L. Simon
AFTERWORD by Frank MacShane
THE PERFECT CRIME
MAX ALLAN COLLINS

SHE WAS THE first movie star I ever worked for, but I wasn’t much impressed. If I were that easily impressed, I’d have been impressed by Hollywood itself. And having seen the way Hollywood portrayed my profession on the so-called silver screen, I wasn’t much impressed with Hollywood.
On the other hand, Dolores Dodd was the most beautiful woman who ever wanted to hire my services, and that did impress me. Enough so that when she called me, that October, and asked me to drive out to her “sidewalk cafe” nestled under the palisades in Montemar Vista, I went, wondering if she would be as pretty in the flesh as she was on celluloid.
I’d driven out the Pacific Coast Highway that same morning, a clear cool morning with a blue sky lording it over a vast sparkling sea. Pelicans were playing tag with the breaking surf, flying just under the curl of the white-lipped waves. Yachts, like a child’s toy boats, floated out there between me and the horizon. I felt like I could reach out for one, pluck and examine it, sniff it maybe, like King Kong checking out Fay Wray’s lingerie.
Dolores Dodd’s Sidewalk Cafe, as a billboard on the hillside behind it so labeled the place, was a sprawling two-story hacienda affair, as big as a beached luxury liner. Over its central, largest-of-many archways, a third-story tower rose like a stubby lighthouse. There weren’t many cars here—it was approaching ten a.m., too early for the luncheon crowd, and even Marlowe didn’t drink cocktails that early in the day. Not and tell, anyway.
She was waiting in the otherwise unpopulated cocktail lounge, where massive wooden beams in a traditional Spanish mode fought the chromium-and-leather furnishings and the chrome-and-glass brick bar and came out a draw. She was a big blonde woman with more curves than the highway out front and just the right number of hills and valleys. Wearing a clingy, summery white dress, she was seated on one of the bar stools, with her bare legs crossed; they weren’t the best-looking legs on the planet, necessarily. I just couldn’t prove otherwise. That good a detective I’m not.
“Philip Marlowe?” she asked, and her smile dimpled her cheeks in a manner that made her whole heart-shaped face smile, and the world smile as well, including me. She didn’t move off the stool, just extended her hand in a manner that was at once casual and regal.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему