Error

Dozois, Gardner (ed.) - Down These Strange Streets / Дозуа, Гарднер (ред.) - По этим чужим улицам [2011, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Gardner Dozois & George R. R. Martin - Down These Strange Streets

Название: Down These Strange Streets / По этим чужим улицам
Год выпуска: 2011
Под редакцией: Dozois, Gardner & Martin, George R. R. / Дозуа, Гарднер & Мартин, Джордж Р. Р.
Издательство: Ace Books
eISBN: 978-1-101-54459-4
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология городского фэнтези и крутого детектива. Как и две другие антологии Дозуа и Мартина, которые я уже представил здесь ("Warriors" и "Dangerous Women"), эта антология - многожанровая. От совсем типичного городского фэнтези, до исторического детектива. Везде есть хоть что-нибудь от фзнтези и хоть что-нибудь от крутого детектива.
Очень подробная рецензия есть на ФантЛабе, рассказано о каждом произведении, с оценками.
Судя по данным ФантЛаба - ничего на русский не переводилось.
The Bastard Stepchild essay by George R. R. Martin
Death by Dahlia by Charlaine Harris
The Bleeding Shadow by Joe R. Lansdale
Hungry Heart by Simon R. Green
Styx and Stones by Steven Saylor
Pain and Suffering by S. M. Stirling
It's Still the Same Old Story by Carrie Vaughn
The Lady Is a Screamer by Conn Iggulden
Hellbender by Laurie R. King
Shadow Thieves by Glen Cook
No Mystery, No Miracle by Melinda M. Snodgrass
The Difference Between a Puzzle and a Mystery by Daniel Abraham
The Curious Affair of the Deodand by Lisa Tuttle
Lord John and the Plague of Zombies by Diana Gabaldon
Beware the Snake by John Maddox Roberts
In Red, with Pearls by Patricia Briggs
The Adakian Eagle by Bradley Denton
SHADOW THIEVES

A Garrett, P.I., Story

by Glen Cook

I WAS HALF ASLEEP IN THE BROOM CLOSET I CALL AN OFFICE. SOMEBODY hammered on the front door. Odd that they should. I wasn’t home much anymore.
This time I was hiding out from the craziness that comes down on the newly engaged. My future in-laws dished me make-crazy stuff relentlessly.
I began disentangling myself from my desk and chair.
Old Dean, my cook and housekeeper, trundled past my doorway. He was long, lean, slightly bent, gray, and almost eighty, but spry. “I’ll get it, Mr. Garrett. I’m expecting a delivery.”
That was one impatient deliveryman. He was yelling. He was pounding. I couldn’t understand a word. That door was fortress grade.
Dean did not use the peephole. He assumed the noise came from whoever he was expecting. He opened up.
All kinds of tumult rolled on in. Dean shrieked. A deeper, distressed voice bellowed something about getting the frickin’ frackin’ hell out of the way!
I started moving, snagging an oak nightstick as I went. That gem had two pounds of lead in its kissing end.
More demanding voices joined the confused mix.
I hit the hall fast but my ratgirl assistant, Pular Singe, was out of her office faster. At five feet Singe was tall for her tribe. Her fine brown fur gleamed. She slumped a bit more than usual. Her tail lashed like an angry cat’s but she emptied a one-hand crossbow as calm as sniping at the practice range. Her bolt hit the forehead of a thing whose ancestors all married ugly. It was a repugnant shade of olive green, wide like a troll, and wore an ogre’s charming face. It smelled worse than it looked. It filled half the hallway. Its forehead looked troll solid but Singe’s quarrel was unimpressed.
What kind of toy had she found herself now?
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему