Error

Dozois, Gardner - Modern Classics of Science Fiction / Дозуа, Гарднер - Современная классика НФ [2013, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Gardner Dozois - Modern Classics of Science Fiction

Название: Modern Classics of Science Fiction (= The Legend Book of Science Fiction) / Современная классика НФ
Год выпуска: 2013
Под редакцией: Dozois, Gardner / Дозуа, Гарднер
Издательство: St. Martin's Press
eISBN: 9781466859517
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
В предисловии к антологии Дозуа пишет, что он отбирал для этой книги произведения, которые сильнее всего впечатлили его, как читателя (то есть не как критика или редактора).
В основном включены произведения 70-х-80-х годов. Антология вышла в 1991 году, 2013 год указан потому, что представлено издание именно этого года.
    The Country of the Kind / Страна милостивых by Damon Knight
    Aristotle and the Gun / Аристотель и оружие by L. Sprague de Camp
    The Other Celia / Другая Селия by Theodore Sturgeon
    Casey Agonistes by Richard McKenna
    Mother Hitton's Littul Kittons / «Малинькие катята» матери Хиттон by Cordwainer Smith
    The Moon Moth / Лунная моль by Jack Vance
    The Golden Horn by Edgar Pangborn
    The Lady Margaret (= The Lady Anne) by Keith Roberts
    This Moment of the Storm / Момент бури by Roger Zelazny
    Narrow Valley / Узкая долина by R. A. Lafferty
    Driftglass / Стекляшки by Samuel R. Delany
    The Worm That Flies / Летающий червяк by Brian W. Aldiss
    The Fifth Head of Cerberus / Пятая голова Цербера by Gene Wolfe
    Nobody's Home by Joanna Russ
    Her Smoke Rose Up Forever by James Tiptree, Jr.
    The Barrow / Курган by Ursula K. Le Guin
    Particle Theory / Корпускулярная теория by Edward Bryant
    The Ugly Chickens / Гадкие цыплята by Howard Waldrop
    Going Under by Jack Dann
    Salvador / Сальвадор by Lucius Shepard
    Pretty Boy Crossover by Pat Cadigan
    The Pure Product by John Kessel
    The Winter Market / Зимний рынок by William Gibson
    Chance / Случайность by Connie Willis
    The Edge of the World / Край мира by Michael Swanwick
    Dori Bangs / Дори Бэнгс by Bruce Sterling
L. SPRAGUE DE CAMP

Aristotle and the Gun

Sherman Weaver, Librarian
The Palace
Paumanok, Sewanhaki
Sachimate of Lenape
Flower Moon 3, 3097

To:

Messire Markos Koukidas
Consulate of the Balkan Commonwealth
Kataapa, Muskhogian Federation
My dear Consul:

You have no doubt heard of our glorious victory at Ptaksit, when our noble Sachim destroyed the armored chivalry of the Mengwe by the brilliant use of pikemen and archery. (I suggested it to him years ago but never mind.) Sagoyewatha and most of his Senecas fell, and the Oneidas broke before our countercharge. The envoys from the Grand Council of the Long House arrive tomorrow for a peace-pauwau. The roads to the South are open again, so I send you my long-promised account of the events that brought me from my own world into this one.
If you could have stayed longer on your last visit, I think I could have made the matter clear, despite the language difficulty and my hardness of hearing. But perhaps, if I give you a simple narrative, in the order in which things happened to me, truth will transpire.
Know, then, that I was born into a world that looks like this on on the map, but is very different as regards human affairs. I tried to tell you of some of the triumphs of our natural philosophers, of our machines and discoveries. No doubt you thought me a first-class liar, though you were too polite to say so.
Nonetheless, my tale is true, though for reasons that will appear I cannot prove it. I was one of those natural philosophers. I commanded a group of younger philosophers, engaged in a task called a project, at a center of learning named Brookhaven, on the south shore of Sewanhaki twenty parasangs east of Paumanok. Paumanok itself was known as Brooklyn, and formed part of an even larger city called New York.
My project had to do with the study of space-time. (Never mind what that means but read on.) At this center we had learned to get vast amounts of power from sea water by what we called a fusion process. By this process we could concentrate so much power in a small space that we could warp the entity called space-time and cause things to travel in time as our other machines traveled in space.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему