Год выпуска: 2013
Под редакцией: Dozois Gardner & Dann Jack / Дозуа Гарднер & Данн Джек
Издательство: Baen
eISBN: 978-1-62579-107-8
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология включает 12 историй о конце света. Первые 7 рассказов описывают гибель человечества по собственной вине, остальные 5 повествуют о разрушительных природных катастрофах.
    Fermi and Frost / Ферми и стужа by Frederik Pohl
    A Desperate Calculus by Gregory Benford
    Evolution by Nancy Kress
    A Message to the King of Brobdingnag by Richard Cowper
    "...The World As We Know't." / ...Известный нам мир by Howard Waldrop
    The Peacemaker by Gardner Dozois
    The Screwfly Solution / Простое решение by James Tiptree, Jr.
    A Pail of Air / Ведро воздуха by Fritz Leiber
    The Great Nebraska Sea by Allan Danzig
    Inconstant Moon / Изменчивая луна by Larry Niven
    The Last Sunset / Последний закат by Geoffrey A. Landis
    Down in the Dark / Палитра Титана by William Barton
A PAIL OF AIR
Fritz Leiber

Pa had sent me out to get an extra pail of air. I'd just about scooped it full and most of the warmth had leaked from my fingers when I saw the thing.
You know, at first I thought it was a young lady. Yes, a beautiful young lady's face all glowing in the dark and looking at me from the fifth floor of the opposite apartment, which hereabouts is the floor just above the white blanket of frozen air four storeys thick. I'd never seen a live young lady before, except in the old magazines—Sis is just a kid and Ma is pretty sick and miserable—and it gave me such a start that I dropped the pail. Who wouldn't, knowing everyone on Earth was dead except Pa and Ma and Sis and you?
Even at that, I don't suppose I should have been surprised. We all see things now and then. Ma sees some pretty bad ones, to judge from the way she bugs her eyes at nothing and just screams and screams and huddles back against the blankets hanging around the Nest. Pa says it is natural we should react like that sometimes.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему