Error

Cain, James M. / Кейн, Джеймс - Собрание сочинений (36 произведений) [2010-2015, epub, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

James M. Cain / Джеймс Кейн - Собрание сочинений

Годы выпуска: 2010-2015 г.
Автор: Cain, James M. / Кейн, Джеймс
Язык: Английский
Формат: epub
Качество: Retail eBook

Описание:
Джеймс Кейн (James Mallahan Cain, 1 июля 1892 — 27 октября 1977) — американский писатель и журналист, автор детективных романов, повестей и рассказов.
Кейн, наряду с Д. Хэмметом и Р. Чандлером, считается основоположником американского крутого детектива. Лучшие произведения Кейна в этом жанре — роман «Почтальон всегда звонит дважды» и повесть «Двойная страховка». В отличие от других мастеров крутого детектива Кейн не сотрудничал с pulp-журналами и в его книгах нет частных детективов; но основные элементы его книг — преступление, секс и жестокость.
Сюжеты большинства его книг 1930-х — 1940-х годов похожи и основаны на образе роковой женщины: мужчина встречает femme fatale, она вовлекает его в преступление и в конечном итоге обманывает и предаёт. Экранизации чёрных романов Кейна, особенно «Двойная страховка», стали классикой кинематографического жанра нуар.
В 2011 году издательство «Hard Case Crime» подготовило к печати утерянный роман Кейна «Официантка с коктейлями». В книге рассказана история молодой женщины, которая устраивается работать официанткой в коктейль-бар после загадочной смерти мужа и находит среди посетителей и нового супруга, пожилого богача, и новую любовь в лице молодого человека.
The Postman Always Rings Twice / Почтальон всегда звонит дважды 2010, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-0-307-77294-7, Vintage Crime/Black Lizard
Three by Cain 2011, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-0-307-79179-5, Vintage Crime/Black Lizard
Serenade / Серенада
Love's Lovely Counterfeit / Любовь - красивая фальшивка
The Butterfly / Бабочка
Mildred Pierce / Милдред Пирс 2010, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4091-3239-4, Orion
Past All Dishonor / Бесчестье 2013, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9166-5, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
Sinful Woman / Грешница 2013, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9164-1, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
The Moth / Мотылек 2012, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9162-7, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
Jealous Woman / Ревнивая женщина 2012, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9159-7, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
The Root of His Evil (= Shameless) / Виновница его мучений 2012, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9163-4, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
Galatea / Галатея 2013, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9153-5, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
Mignon / Миньон 2012, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9161-0, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
The Magician's Wife / Жена фокусника 2012, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9160-3, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
Rainbow's End / Край радуги 2012, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9154-2, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
The Institute / Институт 2013, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9157-3, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
Cloud Nine 2012, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9155-9, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
The Enchanted Isle 2013, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9156-6, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
The Cocktail Waitress / Официантка с коктейлями 2012, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-78116-035-0, Titan Books
The Complete Crime Stories 2015, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-4532-9362-1, MysteriousPress.com/Open Road Integrated Media
The Baby in the Icebox / Младенец в холодильнике
Pay-Off Girl
Two O'clock Blonde
The Birthday Party
Brush Fire
Coal Black
Career in C Major (= Two Can Sing)
Death on the Beach
Dead Man / Труп на рельсах
The Girl in the Storm / Девушка под дождем
Joy Ride to Glory / Побег
Pastorale / Пастораль
Mommy's a Barfly
The Taking of Montfaucon
Cigarette Girl
The Robbery
The Money and the Woman (= The Embezzler) / Растратчик
Double Indemnity / Двойная страховка 2011, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-0-307-77842-0, Vintage Crime/Black Lizard
CHAPTER 1

They threw me off the hay truck about noon. I had swung on the night before, down at the border, and as soon as I got up there under the canvas, I went to sleep. I needed plenty of that, after three weeks in Tia Juana, and I was still getting it when they pulled off to one side to let the engine cool. Then they saw a foot sticking out and threw me off. I tried some comical stuff, but all I got was a dead pan, so that gag was out. They gave me a cigarette, though, and I hiked down the road to find something to eat.
That was when I hit this Twin Oaks Tavern. It was nothing but a roadside sandwich joint, like a million others in California. There was a lunchroom part, and over that a house part, where they lived, and off to one side a filling station, and out back a half dozen shacks that they called an auto court. I blew in there in a hurry and began looking down the road. When the Greek showed, I asked if a guy had been by in a Cadillac. He was to pick me up here, I said, and we were to have lunch. Not today, said the Greek. He layed a place at one of the tables and asked me what I was going to have. I said orange juice, corn flakes, fried eggs and bacon, enchilada, flapjacks, and coffee. Pretty soon he came out with the orange juice and the corn flakes.
“Hold on, now. One thing I got to tell you. If this guy don’t show up, you’ll have to trust me for it. This was to be on him, and I’m kind of short, myself.”
“Hokay, fill’m up.”
. . .
CHAPTER 1

I drove out to Glendale to put three new truck drivers on a brewery company bond, and then I remembered this renewal over in Hollywoodland. I decided to run over there. That was how I came to this House of Death, that you’ve been reading about in the papers. It didn’t look like a House of Death when I saw it. It was just a Spanish house, like all the rest of them in California, with white walls, red tile roof, and a patio out to one side. It was built cock-eyed. The garage was under the house, the first floor was over that, and the rest of it was spilled up the hill any way they could get it in. You climbed some stone steps to the front door, so I parked the car and went up there. A servant poked her head out. “Is Mr. Nirdlinger in?”
“I don’t know, sir. Who wants to see him?”
“Mr. Huff.”
“And what’s the business?”
“Personal.”
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему