Error

Dozois Gardner (ed) - Beyond Flesh / Дозуа Гарднер - За пределами тела [2013, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Gardner Dozois & Jack Dann - Beyond Flesh

Название: Beyond Flesh / За пределами тела
Год выпуска: 2013
Под редакцией: Dozois Gardner & Dann Jack / Дозуа Гарднер & Данн Джек
Издательство: Baen
eISBN: 978-1-62579-108-5
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Тема антологии: освобождение от ограничений, накладываемых человеческим телом.
Call Me Joe / Зовите меня Джо novelette by Poul Anderson
Learning to Be Me / Учись быть мною short story by Greg Egan
Pretty Boy Crossover short story by Pat Cadigan
Ancient Engines / Древние механизмы short story by Michael Swanwick
Winemaster novelette by Robert Reed
More Adventures on Other Planets novelette by Michael Cassutt
Nevermore novelette by Ian R. MacLeod
Approaching Perimelasma / Дверь в любую сторону novelette by Geoffrey A. Landis
The Gravity Mine short story by Stephen Baxter
Reef / Риф novelette by Paul J. McAuley
LEARNING TO BE ME
Greg Egan

I was six years old when my parents told me that there was a small, dark jewel inside my skull, learning to be me.
Microscopic spiders had woven a fine golden web through my brain, so that the jewel’s teacher could listen to the whisper of my thoughts. The jewel itself eavesdropped on my senses, and read the chemical messages carried in my bloodstream; it saw, heard, smelled, tasted and felt the world exactly as I did, while the teacher monitored its thoughts and compared them with my own. Whenever the jewel’s thoughts were wrong, the teacher—faster than thought—rebuilt the jewel slightly, altering it this way and that, seeking out the changes that would make its thoughts correct.
Why? So that when I could no longer be me, the jewel could do it for me.
I thought: If hearing that makes me feel strange and giddy, how must it make the jewel feel? Exactly the same, I reasoned; it doesn’t know it’s the jewel, and it too wonders how the jewel must feel, it too reasons: “Exactly the same; it doesn’t know it’s the jewel, and it too wonders how the jewel must feel . . .”
And it too wonders—(I knew, because I wondered)—it too wonders whether it’s the real me, or whether in fact it’s only the jewel that’s learning to be me.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему