Error

Carter, Lin (ed) - Flashing Swords! / Картер, Лин (ред) - Серия антологий "Flashing Swords!" [1973-1981, FB2, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Название: Lin Carter (ed) - Flashing Swords! / Лин Картер (ред) - Серия антологий "Flashing Swords!"
Год выпуска: 1973-1981
Под редакцией: Carter, Lin / Картер, Лин
Издательство: Разные
Формат: FB2
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
В самом конце 60-х три писателя - Lin Carter, L. Sprague de Camp и John Jakes решили, что писателям жанра "Sword & Sorcery" стоило бы организовать свою ассоциацию, как это сделали писатели НФ и детективов. Они решили, что у них не будет ежегодных конвентов, речей, банкетов, премий (и интриг Smile ) и т.д., хотя бы, потому что их слишком мало ...
В ассоциацию, кроме упомятутых трех писателей, вошли: Fritz Leiber, Jack Vance, Michael Moorcock, Poul Anderson и Andre Norton.
Было решено издать антологию "Sword & Sorcery", в которую вошли бы произведения всех членов ассоциации. Возникла маленькая проблема: они дружно решили, что наиболее подходящий размер произведения - примерно 15 000 слов. Восемь таких произведения составили бы слишком толстый том ...
Но редактор(ша) Gail Morrison на это только улыбнулась и сказала, что из этого получится два вполне подходящих тома. Так появились Flashing Swords! #1 и #2.
Позднее к ассоциации присоединились еще Katherine Kurtz и Avram Davidson, поэтому Flashing Swords! #3 и #4 содержали по 5 произведений.
5-й выпуск был составлен из Sword & Sorcery произведений авторов, не входящих в ассоциацию: Roger Zelazny, C. J. Cherryh, Diane Duane, Craig Shaw Gardner, Tanith Lee.
Flashing Swords #1 1973, fb2, Nelson Doubleday
The Sadness of the Executioner / Печаль палача short story by Fritz Leiber
Morreion / Морреон novella by Jack Vance
The Merman's Children novella by Poul Anderson
The Higher Heresies of Oolimar / Наивеличайшие еретики Оолимара novelette by Lin Carter
Flashing Swords #2 1974, fb2, Dell
The Rug and the Bull novelette by L. Sprague de Camp
The Jade Man's Eyes / Глаза Яшмового гиганта novelette by Michael Moorcock
Toads of Grimmerdale / Жабы Гриммердейла novella by Andre Norton
Ghoul's Garden / Сад, вытканный на ковре novelette by John Jakes
Flashing Swords #3: Warriors and Wizards 1976, fb2, ISBN: 0-440-02579-6, Dell
Two Yards of Dragon novelette by L. Sprague de Camp
The Frost Monstreme / Ледяные монстры novelette by Fritz Leiber
Spider Silk / Паучий шёлк novelette by Andre Norton
The Curious Custom of the Turjan Seraad / Странные обычаи Туржана Сераада novelette by Lin Carter
Caravan to Illiel novelette by Avram Davidson
Flashing Swords #4: Barbarians and Black Magicians 1977, fb2, Nelson Doubleday
The Bagful of Dreams / Мешок снов novelette by Jack Vance
The Tupilak novelette by Poul Anderson
Storm in a Bottle (= Brak in Chains) / Брэк в цепях novella by John Jakes
Swords Against the Marluk / Мечи против Марлука novelette by Katherine Kurtz
The Lands Beyond the World / За краем мира novella by Michael Moorcock
Flashing Swords #5: Demons and Daggers 1981, fb2, Nelson Doubleday
Tower of Ice / Ледяная твердыня novella by Roger Zelazny
A Thief in Korianth / Вор в Корианте novelette by C. J. Cherryh
Parting Gifts novelette by Diane Duane
A Dealing with Demons / Разборки с демонами novelette by Craig Shaw Gardner
The Dry Season novelette by Tanith Lee
Morreion
by JACK VANCE

The archveult Xexamedes, digging gentian roots in Were Wood, became warm with exertion. He doffed his cloak and returned to work, but the glint of blue scales was noticed by Herark the Harbinger and the diabolist Shrue. Approaching by stealth they leapt forth to confront the creature; then, flinging a pair of nooses about the supple neck, they held him where he could do no mischief.
After great effort, a hundred threats and as many lunges, twists and charges on the part of Xexamedes, the magicians dragged him to the castle of Ildefonse, where other magicians of the region gathered in high excitement.
In times past Ildefonse had served the magicians as preceptor, and he now took charge of the proceedings. He first inquired the archveult’s name.
“I am Xexamedes, as well you know, old Ildefonse!”
“Yes,” said Ildefonse, “I recognize you now, though my last view was your backside, as we sent you fleeting back to Jangk. Do you realize that you have incurred death by returning?”
“Not so, Ildefonse, since I am no longer an archveult of Jangk. I am an immigrant to Earth; I declare myself reverted to the estate of a man. Even my fellows hold me in low esteem.”
“Well and good,” said Ildefonse. “However, the ban was and is explicit. Where do you now house yourself?” The question was casual, and Xexamedes made an equally bland response.
“I come, I go; I savor the sweet airs of Earth, so different from the chemical vapors of Jangk.”
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему