Error

Norton, Andre (ed) - Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures / Нортон, Андрэ (ред) - Зловещие звери и жуткие создания [1976, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Andre Norton (ed) - Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures

Название: Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures / Зловещие звери и жуткие создания
Год выпуска: 1976
Под редакцией: Norton, Andre / Нортон, Андрэ
Издательство: Rand McNally & Company
ISBN: 0-528-82171-7
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR (Jerry eBooks)
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология хоррора, с иллюстрациями.
The Patchwork Monkey by Beverly Butler
The Yamadan by Lynne Gessner
Monster Blood by Charles Land
Tigger by A. M. Lightner
The Spell of Spirit Stones by Alice Wellman
The Night Creature by Richard R. Smith
To Face a Monster by Carl Henry Rathjen
You Are What You Eat by Wilma Bednarz
Nightmare in a Box by Rita Ritchie
tigger

by A. M. LIGHTNER

They call me Tigger. I’m a cat. Not one of those little household cats that are sometimes taken aboard a spaceship for the companionship they give. My ancestors were earthside wildcats—often called bobcats—which is why I have such a short tail. But the rest of me is bigger than most space cats and I have a handsome ruff. I’m also a smart cat and have learned to use the bio-thought-recorder. And that is why I’ve been asked to report on some of my most interesting adventures.
I joined the space service when the call went out for cats. It was recognized that when exploring a new world with unknown dangers, the special senses of a cat—an animal that can see better, hear better, and smell better than humans—could be used to great advantage. Oh, a human can spot a huge monster coming at him. And the many instruments they have can tell if the atmosphere is poisonous or if an avalanche is about to fall. But for the many little dangers—the snakelike animal in the grass, the deadly creature hanging from a bush—there is nothing like the keen senses of a feline. Especially if it’s a smart one like me with all the instincts of my wild ancestors.
I’ve always worked with the crew of the Condor, and of all the humans aboard that ship, my favorite is Ellie. That’s short for Eloise, but everyone calls her Ellie. Ellie has the loveliest smell. I’d know it from thousands of others on a dark night. Like me, she’s only been on this ship a short time. You see, we’re both quite young and just starting in this work.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему