Error

Harrison, Harry (ed) - Worlds of Wonder / Гаррисон, Гарри (ред) - Удивительные миры [1969, epub, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Harry Harrison (ed) - Worlds of Wonder

Название: Worlds of Wonder / Удивительные миры
Год выпуска: 1969
Под редакцией: Harrison, Harry / Гаррисон, Гарри
Издательство: Doubleday
ISBN: нет
Формат: epub
Качество: OCR (Jerry eBooks)
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология типа "что больше всего понравилось составителю". Среди авторов: Arthur C. Clarke, Brian W. Aldiss, Bob Shaw, Robert Silverberg, Fritz Leiber, Jack Vance, Murray Leinster, Isaac Asimov ...
Sunjammer (= The Wind from the Sun) / Солнечный ветер novelette by Arthur C. Clarke
We Didn't Do Anything Wrong, Hardly / Мы не сделали ничего плохого, честное слово short story by Roger Kuykendall
Who Can Replace a Man? / Кто может заменить человека? short story by Brian W. Aldiss
Tricky Tonnage short story by Malcolm Jameson
Appointment on Prila / Встреча на Прайле short story by Bob Shaw
Hi Diddle Diddle / Тру-ру-ру novelette by Robert Silverberg
If (= Praiseworthy Saur) Если ... short story by Harry Harrison
A Pail of Air / Ведро воздуха short story by Fritz Leiber
The Howling Bounders / Вопящие крикуны short story by Jack Vance
Mirror of Ice / Лёд как зеркало short story by Gary Wright
Heavy Planet short story by Milton A. Rothman
Keyhole / Замочная скважина short story by Murray Leinster
The Wall Around the World / Стена вокруг мира novelette by Theodore R. Cogswell
Prone / Хронический неудачник short story by Mack Reynolds
Escape the Morning / Утренняя пробежка short story by Poul Anderson
Someday / Когда-нибудь short story by Isaac Asimov
A PAIL OF AIR
Fritz Leiber

Pa had sent me out to get an extra pail of air. I’d just about scooped it full and most of the warmth had leaked from my fingers when I saw the thing.
You know, at first I thought it was a young lady. Yes, a beautiful young lady’s face all glowing in the dark and looking at me from the fifth floor of the opposite apartment, which hereabouts is the floor just above the white blanket of frozen air. I’d never seen a live young lady before, except in the old magazines—Sis is just a kid and Ma is pretty sick and miserable—and it gave me such a start that I dropped the pail. Who wouldn’t, knowing everyone on Earth was dead except Pa and Ma and Sis and you?
Even at that, I don’t suppose I should have been surprised. We all see things now and then. Ma has some pretty bad ones, to judge from the way she bugs her eyes at nothing and just screams and screams and huddles back against the blankets hanging around the Nest.
Pa says it is natural we should react like that sometimes.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему