Error

Davis, Hank (ed) - As Time Goes By / Дэвис, Хэнк (ред) - Проходит время [2015, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Hank Davis (ed) - As Time Goes By

Название: As Time Goes By / Проходит время
Год выпуска: 2015
Под редакцией: Davis, Hank / Дэвис, Хэнк
Издательство: Baen
ISBN: 978-1-62579-353-9
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Путешествия во времени и любовь ... Среди авторов: Poul Anderson, Michael Swanwick, John Wyndham, Murray Leinster, Nancy Kress, Christopher Priest ...
Gibraltar Falls / Гибралтарский водопад short story by Poul Anderson
Triceratops Summer / Лето с трицератопсами short story by Michael Swanwick
The Chronoclasm / Хроноклазм novelette by John Wyndham
The Girl Who Made Time Stop / Девушка, заставившая время остановиться short story by Robert F. Young
The Other Now / Другая реальность short story by Murray Leinster
A Dry, Quiet War / Сухая, тихая война novelette by Tony Daniel
Six Months, Three Days novelette by Charlie Jane Anders
The Day of the Green Velvet Cloak short story by Mildred Clingerman
A Wow Finish novelette by James Van Pelt
Backtracked / Искусство отсекать лишнее short story by Burt K. Filer
So Little and So Light short fiction by Sarah A. Hoyt
The Price of Oranges novelette by Nancy Kress
The Secret Place / Тайник short story by Richard McKenna
Palely Loitering novelette by Christopher Priest
Palely Loitering

by Christopher Priest

I

During the summers of my childhood, the best treat of all was our annual picnic in Flux Channel Park, which lay some fifty miles from home. Because my father was set in his ways, and for him no picnic would be worthy of its name without a joint of freshly roasted cold ham, the first clue we children had was always, therefore, when Cook began her preparations. I made a point every day of slipping down unnoticed to the cellar to count the hams that hung from steel hooks in the ceiling, and as soon as I found one was missing I would hurry to my sisters and share the news. The next day, the house would fill with the rich aroma of ham roasting in cloves, and we three children would enter an elaborate charade: inside we would be brimming over with excitement at the thought of the adventure, but at the same time restraining ourselves to act normally, because Father’s announcement of his plans at breakfast on the chosen day was an important part of the fun.
We grew up in awe and dread of our father, for he was a distant and strict man. Throughout the winter months, when his work made its greatest demands, we hardly saw him, and all we knew of him were the instructions passed on to us by Mother or the governor. In the summer months he chose to maintain the distance, joining us only for meals, and spending the evenings alone in his study. However, once a year my father would mellow, and for this alone the excursions to the Park would have been cause for joy. He knew the excitement the trip held for us and he played up to it, revealing the instinct of showman and actor.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему