Error

Fenner, Phyllis R. (ed) - Giants and Witches and a Dragon or Two / Феннер, Филлис (ред) - Великаны, ведьмы и один-два дракона [1943, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Phyllis R. Fenner (ed) - Giants and Witches and a Dragon or Two

Название: Giants and Witches and a Dragon or Two / Великаны, ведьмы и один-два дракона
Год выпуска: 1943
Под редакцией: Fenner, Phyllis R. / Феннер, Филлис
Издательство: Alfred A. Knopf (Borzoi Books)
ISBN: НЕТ
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR (Jerry eBooks)
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология сказок. Доступно для чтения благодаря Jerry.
King Stork / Король Аист by Howard Pyle
Jack the Ashypet by Seumas MacManus
Molly Whuppie by Joseph Jacobs
The Giant Who Had No Heart in His Body by Peter Asbjørnsen and Jørgen Moe (trans.)
The Hungry Old Witch by Charles J. Finger
Billy Beg and the Bull by Seumas MacManus
Baba Yaga by Arthur Ransome
Peterkin and the Little Grey Hare by Howard Pyle
Buttercup by Peter Asbjørnsen and Jørgen Moe (trans.)
Jack and the Beanstalk / Джек и бобовый стебель by Joseph Jacobs
Hansel and Grethel / Гензель и Гретель by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm (trans.)
Jack the Giant Killer / Джек — победитель великанов by Joseph Jacobs
The Dragon and His Grandmother by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm (trans.)
The Terrible Olli by Parker Fillmore
The Hobyahs by S. V. Proudfit
Pies of a Princess by Arthur Bowie Chrisman
The Boy Who Killed the Dif by Post Wheeler
JACK THE ASHYPET

“OH, YOU ETERNAL VAGABOND!” SAYS THE GIANT, “IT’S ME WILL MAKE SHORT WORK OF YOU.”

Once on a time when Kings and Queens were as plenty in Ireland as good people, and good people as plenty as Kings and Queens, there was a poor widow woman in Donegal who had one son they called Jack. Now this Jack was a lazy, good-for-nothing streel of an Ashypet, who sat round the fire with his heels and his toes never out of the ashes all days of the year, and all years of his life, till he grew to be man-big, and he neither good for King, country, nor clipping sheep.
Till one day, at long and at last, Jack the Ashypet ups, and he says, says he:
“Mother,” says he, “it’s the black shame’s on me to be hunkering in the ashes all days of my life, and you putting the bone through the skin trying to do for me. It has been so for long, but it will not be so for longer. Bake me a bannock, cut me a collop and give me your blessing till I go away to push my fortune.”
No sooner said than done.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему