Error

Pronzini, Bill (ed.) - Great Modern Police Stories / Пронзини, Билл (ред.) - Современные полицейские детективы [1986, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg (ed.) - Great Modern Police Stories

Название: Great Modern Police Stories / Современные полицейские детективы
Год выпуска: 1986
Под редакцией: Pronzini, Bill & Greenberg, Martin H. / Пронзини, Билл & Гринберг, Мартин
Издательство: Walker & Company
ISBN: 0-8027-7291-9
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
В полном соответствии с названием - детективы, в которых преступниками занимается полиция (а не частные сыщики или любители Smile )
THE DETECTIVE’S DILEMMA by Cornell Woolrich
I ALWAYS GET THE CUTIES by John D. MacDonald
H AS IN HOMICIDE by Lawrence Treat
NIGHT WORK by William Campbell Gault
THE DROWNED MEN’S INN by Georges Simenon
CAPTAIN HEIMRICH STUMBLES by Frances and Richard Lockridge
BY CHILD UNDONE by Jack Ritchie
THE KING IN PAWN by Michael Gilbert
CAPTAIN LEOPOLD GOES TO THE DOGS by Edward D. Hoch
HIT-AND-RUN by Susan Dunlap
THE HALF-INVISIBLE MAN by Bill Pronzini and Jeffrey Wallmann
NIGHTSHADE by Ed McBain
I ALWAYS GET THE CUTIES
JOHN D. MACDONALD

Keegan came into my apartment, frosted with winter, topcoat open, hat jammed on the back of his hard skull, bringing a noisy smell of the dark city night. He stood in front of my birch fire, his great legs planted, clapping and rubbing hard palms in the heat.
He grinned at me and winked one narrow gray eye. “I’m off duty, Doc. I wrapped up a package. A pretty package.”
“Will bourbon do, Keegan?”
“If you haven’t got any of that brandy left. This is a brandy night.”
When I came back with the bottle and the glasses, he had stripped off his topcoat and tossed it on the couch. The crumpled hat was on the floor, near the discarded coat. Keegan had yanked a chair closer to the fire. He sprawled on the end of his spine, thick ankles crossed, the soles of his shoes steaming.
I poured his brandy and mine, and moved my chair and the long coffee table so we could share either end of it. His story was bursting in him. I knew that. I’ve only had the vaguest hints about his home life. A house crowded with teen-age daughters, cluttered with their swains. Obviously no place to talk of his dark victories. And Keegan is not the sort of man to regale his co-workers with talk of his prowess. So I am, among other things, his sounding board. He bounces successes off the politeness of my listening, growing big in the echo of them.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему