Error

Wollheim, Donald A. (ed.) - The Earth in Peril / Уоллхейм, Дональд (ред.) - Земля в опасности [1957, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Donald A. Wollheim (ed.) - The Earth in Peril

Название: The Earth in Peril / Земля в опасности
Год выпуска: 1957
Под редакцией: Wollheim, Donald A. / Уоллхейм, Дональд
Издательство: Ace Books
ISBN: Нет
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR (сканирование, распознавание, форматирование и вычитка - Jerry)
Язык: английский

Описание:
Пришельцы, катастрофы, да и сами люди тоже очень даже могут ...
Things Pass By novelette by Murray Leinster
Letter from the Stars (= Dear Pen Pal) / Дорогой друг short story by A. E. van Vogt
The Silly Season / Глупый сезон short story by C. M. Kornbluth
The Plant Revolt novelette by Edmond Hamilton
Mary Anonymous short story by Bryce Walton
The Star / Звезда short story by H. G. Wells
THE PLANT REVOLT
BY EDMOND HAMILTON

IT IS WHEN I begin this record of the terror that descended upon man and the world of man that I comprehend best the impossibility of ever completely recording that terror. It is when I begin this account of the doom that threatened all our race that I understand best how little our race, of itself, was able to oppose that doom. There is, in the whole story, none of that dramatic sequence of threat and attack and reply that might be expected in such an epic of struggling species. Rather it seems, now, hardly more than a blind welter of giant forces in which is emphasized nothing but the unimportance and helplessness of those who were the final victors.
It is only, therefore, because I, Edward Harley, saw as much of the action of that terror as was seen by any man, that I have taken it upon me to write this record. Two years ago, when there came the first reports of that which was to crumble our world, I was chief morphologist of the botany department of the University of Philadelphia. At the time, of course, there was no thought of the real meaning and importance of those reports. Even I, who by reason of my chosen science could comprehend their strangeness better than most men, had surely no thought of any danger connected with them.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему