Error

Gayford, Cecily (ed.) - A Very Murderous Christmas / Гейфорд, Сесили (ред.) - Очень убийственное Рождество [2018, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Cecily Gayford (ed.) - A Very Murderous Christmas

Название: A Very Murderous Christmas / Очень убийственнное Рождество
Год выпуска: 2018
Под редакцией: Cecily Gayford / Сесили Гейфорд
Издательство: Profile Books
ISBN: 9781782834687
Формат: EPUB
Качество: Retail eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
10 классических рождественских детективов.
The Man with the Sack by Margery Allingham
The Adventure of the Red Widow by Adrian Conan Doyle & John Dickson Carr
Camberwell Crackers by Anthony Horowitz
The Flying Stars / Летучие звёзды by G. K. Chesterton
A Problem in White by Nicholas Blake
Loopy by Ruth Rendell
Morse's Greatest Mystery by Colin Dexter
The Jar of Ginger by Gladys Mitchell
Rumpole and the Old Familiar Faces by John Mortimer
The Problem of Santa's Lighthouse by Edward Hoch
Morse’s Greatest Mystery
Colin Dexter

‘Hallo!’ growled Scrooge, in his accustomed voice as near as he could feign it. ‘What do you mean by coming here at this time of day?’
- Dickens, A Christmas Carol

He had knocked diffidently at Morse’s North Oxford flat. Few had been invited into those book-lined, Wagner-haunted rooms: and even he – Sergeant Lewis – had never felt himself an over-welcome guest. Even at Christmas time. Not that it sounded much like the season of goodwill as Morse waved Lewis inside and concluded his ill-tempered conversation with the bank manager.
‘Look! If I keep a couple of hundred in my current account, that’s my look-out. I’m not even asking for any interest on it. All I am asking is that you don’t stick these bloody bank charges on when I go – what? once, twice a year? – into the red. It’s not that I’m mean with money’
– Lewis’s eyebrows ascended a centimetre – ‘but if you charge me again I want you to ring and tell me why!’
Morse banged down the receiver and sat silent.
‘You don’t sound as if you’ve caught much of the Christmas spirit,’ ventured Lewis.
‘I don’t like Christmas – never have.’
‘You staying in Oxford, sir?’
‘I’m going to decorate.’
‘What – decorate the Christmas cake?’
‘Decorate the kitchen. I don’t like Christmas cake – never did.’
‘You sound more like Scrooge every minute, sir.’
‘And I shall read a Dickens novel. I always do over Christmas. Re-read, rather.’
‘If I were just starting on Dickens, which one—?’
‘I’d put Bleak House first, Little Dorrit second—’
The phone rang and Morse’s secretary at HQ informed him that he’d won a L50 gift-token in the Police Charity Raffle, and this time Morse cradled the receiver with considerably better grace.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему