Год выпуска: 2014
Под редакцией: Dozois Gardner & Dann Jack / Дозуа Гарднер & Данн Джек
Издательство: Baen
eISBN: 978-1-62579-361-4
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология фантастических произведений о динозаврах. Книжный "Парк Юрского периода" Smile
    A Gun for Dinosaur / С ружьём на динозавра by L. Sprague de Camp
    Poor Little Warrior! / Бедный маленький вояка! by Brian W. Aldiss
    Green Brother by Howard Waldrop
    Hatching Season by Harry Turtledove
    Getting Away by Steven Utley
    The Runners by Bob Buckley
    The Last Thunder Horse West of the Mississippi by Sharon N. Farber
    Strata by Edward Bryant
    Time's Arrow / Стрела времени by Arthur C. Clarke
    A Change in the Weather by Gardner Dozois and Jack Dann
    The Night-blooming Saurian / Ночецветный ящер by James Tiptree, Jr.
    Dinosaur by Steve Rasnic Tem
    Dinosaurs by Geoffrey A. Landis
    Dinosaur on a Bicycle by Tim Sullivan
A Gun for Dinosaur
by
L. Sprague de Camp

No, I'm sorry, Mr. Seligman, but I can't take you hunting Late Mesozoic dinosaur.
Yes, I know what the advertisement says.
Why not? How much d'you weigh? A hundred and thirty? Let's see; that's under ten stone, which is my lower limit.
I could take you to other periods, you know. I'll take you to any period in the Cenozoic. I'll get you a shot at an entelodont or a uintathere. They've got fine heads.
I'll even stretch a point and take you to the Pleistocene, where you can try for one of the mammoths or the mastodon.
I'll take you back to the Triassic where you can shoot one of the smaller ancestral dinosaurs. But I will jolly well not take you to the Jurassic or Cretaceous. You're just too small.
What's your size got to do with it? Look here, old boy, what did you think you were going to shoot your dinosaur with?
Oh, you hadn't thought, eh?
Well. sit there a minute. . . . Here you are: my own private gun for that work, a Continental .600. Does look like a shotgun, doesn't it? But it's rifled, as you can see by looking through the barrels. Shoots a pair of .600 Nitro Express cartridges the size of bananas; weighs fourteen and a half pounds and has a muzzle energy of over seven thousand foot-pounds. Costs fourteen hundred and fifty dollars. Lot of money for a gun, what?
I have some spares I rent to the sahibs. Designed for knocking down elephant. Not just wounding them, knocking them base-over-apex. That's why they don't make guns like this in America, though I suppose they will if hunting parties keep going back in time.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему