Error

Knight, Damon (ed) - The Dark Side / Найт, Деймон (ред) - Темная сторона [1967, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Damon Knight (ed) - The Dark Side

Название: The Dark Side / Темная сторона
Год выпуска: 1967
Под редакцией: Knight, Damon / Найт, Деймон
Издательство: Corgi
ISBN: не указан
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология фэнтези. Название антологии связано с метафорой, которую составитель использует, объясняя свое понимание термина "фэнтези": "Представьте себе всю фантастику, как планету, например Меркурий, освещенную Солнцем с одной стороны. Яркую сторону мы называем научная фантастика, темную - фэнтези. Но на самом деле это - одна вещь."
Среди авторов: Ray Bradbury, Robert A. Heinlein, James Blish, Avram Davidson, Theodore Sturgeon, Fritz Leiber ...
The Black Ferris / Чёртово колесо short story by Ray Bradbury
They / Они short story by Robert A. Heinlein
Mistake Inside novelette by James Blish
Trouble with Water / Трудности с водой short story by H. L. Gold
c/o Mr. Makepeace short story by Peter Phillips
The Golem / Голем short story by Avram Davidson
The Story of the Late Mr. Elvesham / История покойного мистера Элвешема short story by H. G. Wells
It / Оно novelette by Theodore Sturgeon
Nellthu / Нэллту short story by Anthony Boucher
Casey Agonistes short story by Richard McKenna
Eye for Iniquity / Недрёманное око novelette by T. L. Sherred
The Man Who Never Grew Young / А я пойду дальше... short story by Fritz Leiber
Fritz Leiber

THE MAN WHO NEVER GREW YOUNG

Maot is becoming restless. Often toward evening she trudges to where the black earth meets the yellow sand and stands looking across the desert until the wind starts.
But I sit with my back to the reed screen and watch the Nile.
It isn’t just that she’s growing young. She is wearying of the fields. She leaves their tilling to me and lavishes her attentions on the flock. Every day she takes the sheep and goats farther to pasture.
I have seen it coming for a long time. For generations the fields have been growing scantier and less diligently irrigated.
There seems to be more rain. The houses have become simpler—mere walled tents. And every year some family gathers its flocks and wanders off west.
Why should I cling so tenaciously to these poor relics of civilisation—I, who have seen king Cheops’ men take down the Great Pyramid block by block and return it to the hills?
I often wonder why I never grow young. It is still as much a mystery to me as to the brown farmers who kneel in awe when I walk past.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему