Error

Knight, Damon (ed) - Beyond Tomorrow / Найт, Деймон (ред) - За пределами завтра [1965, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Damon Knight (ed) - Beyond Tomorrow

Название: Beyond Tomorrow / За пределами завтра
Год выпуска: 1965
Под редакцией: Knight, Damon / Найт, Деймон
Издательство: Harper & Row
ISBN: не указан
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
Фантастика о будущем. О разных будущих. Среди авторов: Arthur C. Clarke, Robert A. Heinlein, A. E. van Vogt, Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Clifford D. Simak ...
Brightside Crossing / Через Солнечную сторону novelette by Alan E. Nourse
The Deep Range / Большая глубина short story by Arthur C. Clarke
Coventry / Ковентри novella by Robert A. Heinlein
The Mile-Long Spaceship short story by Kate Wilhelm
The Seesaw short story by A. E. van Vogt
Nightfall / Приход ночи novelette by Isaac Asimov
The Million-Year Picnic / Каникулы на Марсе short story by Ray Bradbury
Desertion / Дезертирство short story by Clifford D. Simak
Twilight / Сумерки novelette by John W. Campbell, Jr. (as by Don A. Stuart)
Happy Ending / Исполнение желаний novelette by Henry Kuttner
TWILIGHT

by Don A. Stuart

“Speaking of hitchhikers,” said Jim Bendell in a rather bewildered way, “I picked up a man the other day that certainly was a queer cuss.” He laughed, but it wasn’t a real laugh. “He told me the queerest yarn I ever heard. Most of them tell you how they lost their good jobs and tried to find work out here in the wide spaces of the West. They don’t seem to realize how many people we have out here. They think all this great beautiful country is uninhabited.”
Jim Bendell’s a real-estate man, and I knew how he could go on. That’s his favorite line, you know. He’s real worried because there’s a lot of homesteading plots still open out in our state. He talks about the beautiful country, but he never went farther into the desert than the edge of town. ’Fraid of it actually. So I sort of steered him back on the track.
“What did he claim, Jim? Prospector who couldn’t find land to prospect?”
“That’s not very funny, Bart. No; it wasn’t only what he claimed. He didn’t even claim it, just said it. You know, he didn’t say it was true, he just said it.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему