Error

Adeyemi, Tomi - Children of Blood and Bone / Адейеми, Томи - Дети крови и костей [2018, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Tomi Adeyemi - Children of Blood and Bone

Название: Children of Blood and Bone / Дети крови и костей
Автор: Adeyemi, Tomi / Адейеми, Томи
Год выпуска: 2018
Издательство: Henry Holt
ISBN: 978-1-250-17098-9
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Они убили мою мать.
Они отняли нашу магию.
Они пытались истребить нас.
Настало время отомстить.

Когда-то Ориша была страной, где счастливо жили люди, наделенные магией. Каждому из десяти кланов боги даровали способность управлять силами природы. Одни маги властвовали над водами, другие — над огнем. Встречались и те, кто умел читать мысли, и даже те, кто мог видеть будущее! Они использовали свои таланты, чтобы заботиться об оришанах, и были почитаемы народом. Но в одну ночь магия исчезла... По приказу жестокого короля Сарана многие колдуны были убиты — так Зели Адебола потеряла мать, а жители Ориши — надежду.

Эта книга получила премию Небьюла 2018 в номинации "Премия Андре Нортон" - книги для подростков.
Пока что это - единственная опубликованная книга Томи Адейеми, но поскольку она заявлена как первая книга цикла "Legacy of Orisha", то продолжение следует ...
CHAPTER ONE
ZÉLIE

PICK ME.
It’s all I can do not to scream. I dig my nails into the marula oak of my staff and squeeze to keep from fidgeting. Beads of sweat drip down my back, but I can’t tell if it’s from dawn’s early heat or from my heart slamming against my chest. Moon after moon I’ve been passed over.
Today can’t be the same.
I tuck a lock of snow-white hair behind my ear and do my best to sit still. As always, Mama Agba makes the selection grueling, staring at each girl just long enough to make us squirm.
Her brows knit in concentration, deepening the creases in her shaved head. With her dark brown skin and muted kaftan, Mama Agba looks like any other elder in the village. You would never guess a woman her age could be so lethal.
“Ahem.” Yemi clears her throat at the front of the ahéré, a not-so-subtle reminder that she’s already passed this test. She smirks at us as she twirls her hand-carved staff, eager to see which one of us she gets to defeat in our graduation match. Most girls cower at the prospect of facing Yemi, but today I crave it. I’ve been practicing and I’m ready.
I know I can win.
“Zélie.”
Mama Agba’s weathered voice breaks through the silence. A collective exhale echoes from the fifteen other girls who weren’t chosen. The name bounces around the woven walls of the reed ahéré until I realize Mama Agba’s called me.
“Really?”
Mama Agba smacks her lips. “I can choose someone else—”
“No!” I scramble to my feet and bow quickly. “Thank you, Mama. I’m ready.”
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему