Error

Jemisin, N. K. / Джемисин, Н. К. - Собрание сочинений (42 произведения) [2005-2022, fb2/epub, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

N. K. Jemisin / Н. К. Джемисин - Собрание сочинений

Годы выпуска: 2005-2022 г.
Автор: Jemisin, N. K. / Джемисин, Н. К.
Язык: Английский
Формат: fb2/epub
Качество: OCR/eBook

Описание:
Нора Джемисин (Nora Kate Jemisin, 19 сентября 1972 г.) - американская писательница, родилась в Де-Мойне, столице штата Айова, но детство провела в Нью-Йорке, где живет и сейчас — в Бруклине. В 1990 году Нора поступила в Тулейнский Университет, который закончила спустя 4 года со степенью бакалавра психологии. За степенью магистра писательница отправилась в Мэрилендский Университет в Колледж-Парке.
Нора уже успела побывать во многих штатах страны, помимо перечисленных. В детстве она жила в городе Мобил штата Алабаме. Затем десять лет в Массачусетсе, где состояла в бостонской группе авторов «BRAWLers». Вернувшись в Нью-Йорк присоединилась к писательскому объединению «Altered Fluid». В 2002 году Нора прослушала курс литературных семинаров «Viable Paradise». В 2010 была главой жюри «Speculative Literature Foundation», а в 2014 году Нора стала почетным гостем на научно-фантастическом конвенте «WisCon» в родном городе кона — Мэдисон, штат Висконсин.
За свою творческую деятельность Нора завоевала не только признание поклонников, но и была номинирована на множество наград. Тем не менее, писательство хоть и любимое, но не единственное занятие Норы по жизни. Она также работает по специальности — психологом-консультантом по вопросам развития карьеры. Любит путешествовать, кататься на велосипеде. Довольно известна в США как блоггер: в своих постах поднимает такие темы как политика, феминизм и расизм, а в ее рассказах фантастические и фэнтезийные мотивы порой переплетаются с темой однополой любви (часто 18+). По признанию автора наибольшее влияние на ее творчество оказали произведения Танит Ли и Урсулы Ле Гуин.
02 Initiation 2017, epub, ISBN: 978-1-7856-5161-8, Titan Books (with Mac Walters)
01 The Fifth Season 2015, epub, ISBN: 978-0-316-22930-2, Orbit (US)
02 The Obelisk Gate 2016, epub, ISBN: 978-0-316-22928-9, Orbit (US)
03 The Stone Sky 2017, epub, ISBN: 978-0-316-22925-8, Orbit (US)
01 The Killing Moon 2012, epub, ISBN: 978-0-316-20277-0, Orbit (US)
02 The Shadowed Sun 2012, epub, ISBN: 978-0-316-20288-6, Orbit (US)
01 The City We Became 2020, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-0-316-50985-5, Orbit (US)
02 The World We Make 2022, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-0-316-50991-6, Orbit (US)
01-03.5 The Inheritance Trilogy 2014, epub, ISBN: 978-0-316-33398-6, Orbit (US)
01 The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms / Сто тысяч королевств
02 The Broken Kingdoms / Дни чёрного солнца
03 The Kingdom of Gods / Держава богов
03.5 The Awakened Kingdom
Shades in Shadow 2015, epub, ISBN: 978-0-316-38859-7, Orbit (US)
The Wild Boy
The God Without a Name
The Third Why
How Long 'til Black Future Month? 2018, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-0-316-49135-8, Orbit (US)
The Ones Who Stay and Fight
The City Born Great / Великий город
Red Dirt Witch
L'Alchimista
The Effluent Engine
Cloud Dragon Skies
The Trojan Girl
Valedictorian
The Storyteller's Replacement
The Brides of Heaven
The Evaluators
Walking Awake
The Elevator Dancer
Cuisine des Memoires
Stone Hunger
On the Banks of the River Lex
The Narcomancer
Henosis
Too Many Yesterdays, Not Enough Tomorrows
The You Train
Non-Zero Probabilities
Sinners, Saints, Dragons, and Haints, in the City Beneath the Still Waters
Red Riding Hood's Child 2010, fb2
Cloud Dragon Skies 2005, fb2
Bittersweet 2007, fb2
The Narcomancer 2007, fb2
The Brides of Heaven 2007, fb2
The You Train 2007, fb2
Playing Nice With God's Bowling Ball 2008, fb2
Non-Zero Probabilities 2009, fb2
On the Banks of the River Lex 2010, fb2
The Effluent Engine 2011, fb2
Valedictorian 2012, fb2
Walking Awake 2014, fb2
Stone Hunger 2014, fb2
The City Born Great 2016, epub, Tor
Red Dirt Witch 2016, fb2
Give Me Cornbread or Give Me Death 2019, fb2
Emergency Skin 2019, epub (retail), ISBN: 978-1-5420-9357-6, Amazon Original Stories

“I didn’t mean for anything to happen to Timmy.” Jeffy Hanson sat before Grace in a chair big enough to swallow him, his head bowed and hands limp in his lap. “I told him not to feed it like that. I told him what would happen.”
“Let’s just start at the beginning.” Detective Grace Anneton gave Jeffy a reassuring smile, though he didn’t lift his eyes to see it. In spite of herself, Grace felt sorry for the kid. She knew better; he could be some sweet-talking little punk, trying to snowjob her with his big, brown, puppy eyes. Or a sociopath, already skilled enough at seven years old to emulate emotions he didn’t feel. She shouldn’t feel sorry for any confessed murderer, no matter how improbable the murder sounded. But she did.
He took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. “It was for my mom. The card. I wanted to get it back from Timmy. You know Monster Fusion King?”
Grace sifted through her memory and came up with an image: a sign in the window of the local convenience store. MONSTER FUSION KING SOLD HERE! “Some sort of card game?”
He nodded. “Me and Timmy, we get new packs on Fridays. Timmy always gets four or five. I only buy one. My mom used to give me an allowance, but when Dad went away and we moved here to the city she had to stop. We don’t have a lot of money anymore.”
“So how do you get a new pack every week, Jeffy?”
“Mom gives me lunch money. But at lunchtime I get water instead of juice and I save up what’s left and I use that to buy my pack for the week.” He looked up at Grace, a different sort of guilt flickering in his eyes. “Do you have to tell my mom that?”
Grace smiled and made a mental note to check for a financial motive if the kid’s confession turned out to be more than a load of hooey. “I don’t think we’ll have to tell her that, Jeffy. So. This all started when Timmy got a card you liked?”
“No.” He looked down at his hands again. “I mean, yeah, he always had cards I liked, but that wasn’t what started it. Timmy was a real collector. He even got MONSTER KING magazine. He had almost all the cards ever made.”
“I see. And how many cards did you have?”
He shrugged a little. “Not so many.”
Of course. “So this started last Friday when you got your new pack?”
He nodded. “I got a really good card, the Cuckoo Chimera. It’s a special contest card, only a few ever made. Only I didn’t know that, not then. Timmy said he’d trade me for three of his repeats—ones he already had, I mean. I said yes.” He frowned and squirmed in his seat.
Grace read his restlessness. “I’m guessing it was worth more than three cards.”
. . .

THE WAY TO tell the difference between dreams that were prophecy and dreams that were just wasted sleep was to wait and see if they came three times. Emmaline had her third dream about the White Lady on the coldest night ever recorded in Alabama history. This was actually very cold—ten degrees below zero, on a long dark January Sabbath when even the moon hid behind a veil of shadow.
Emmaline survived the cold the way poor people everywhere have done since the dawn of time: with a warm, energetic friend. Three patchwork quilts helped too. The friend was Frank Heath, who was pretty damn spry for a man of fifty-five, though he claimed to be forty-five so maybe that helped. The quilts were Em’s, and it also helped that one of them had dried flowers (Jack-in-thepulpits) and a few nuggets of charcoal tucked under each patch of leftover cloth. That made for a standing invitation to warmth and the summertime, who were of course welcome to pay a visit and stay the night anytime they liked. Those had come a-calling to the children’s beds, at least, for which Emmaline was grateful; the children slept soundly, snug and comfortable. That left Em and Frank free to conduct their own warmthmaking with an easy conscience.
After that was done, Emmaline closed her eyes and found herself in the Commissary Market down on Dugan. Dusty southern daylight, bright and fierce even in winter, shone slanting onto the street alongside the market, unimpeded by cars or carts—or people. Pratt City wasn’t much of a city, being really just the Negro neighborhood of Birmingham, but it was a whole place, thriving and bustling in its way. Here, though, Emmaline had never seen the place so empty in her life. As if to spite the cold, the market’s bins tumbled over with summer produce: watermelons and green tomatoes and peaches and more, along with a few early collards. That meant that whatever this dream meant to warn her of, it would come with the heat of the mid-months.
Out of habit, Em glanced at the sign above these last. Overpriced again; greedy bastards.
“Why, greed’s a sin,” said a soft, whispery voice all around her. “Be proper of you to punish ’em for it, wouldn’t it?”
This was one of the spirits that she’d tamed over the years. They liked to test her, though, so it was always wise to be careful with ’em. “Supposin’ I could,” she said in reply. “But only the store manager, since the company too big to go after. And I can’t say’s I truly blame the manager, either, since he got children to feed same as me.”
“Sin’s sin, woman.”
“And let she who is without sin cast the first stone,” Em countered easily. “As you well know.” Then she checked herself; no sense getting testy. Illwishing opened doors for ill winds to blow through—which was probably why the voice was trying to get her to do it.
. . .
UPD Релиз обновлен 18.11.2022
Добавлен новый роман "The Stone Sky" из цикла "The Broken Earth":
03 Jemisin, N. K. - The Stone Sky (The Broken Earth) - 2017.epub
Новый роман из межавторского цикла
02 Jemisin, N. K. - Initiation (Mass Effect_ Andromeda) - 2017.epub
Новый сборник
Jemisin, N. K. - How Long 'til Black Future Month - 2018.epub
Добавлено:
Jemisin, N. K. - Give Me Cornbread or Give Me Death - 2019.fb2
Jemisin, N. K. - Emergency Skin - 2019.epub
Добавлен новый роман из нового цикла:
01 Jemisin, N. K. - The City We Became (The Great Cities Trilogy) - 2020.epub
Замена:
По невыясненным обстоятельствам файл
Jemisin, N. K. - Non-Zero Probabilities - 2009.fb2
оказался содержащим другое произведение (и даже другого автора)
Заменен на правильный файл с тем же именем
Название цикла "The Great Cities Trilogy" заменено на "The Great Cities": планы автора изменились, теперь это дилогия.
файл 01 Jemisin, N. K. - The City We Became (The Great Cities Trilogy) - 2020.epub переименован в 01 Jemisin, N. K. - The City We Became (The Great Cities) - 2020.epub
Добавлено:
02 Jemisin, N. K. - The World We Make (The Great Cities) - 2022.epub
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм

OldOldNick

Сам еще не читал Smile
Заинтересовала тем, что получила Locus 2011 за дебютный роман The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, Hugo 2016 за роман The Fifth Season и ее роман The Obelisk Gate номинирован на Hugo и Locus ...
В августе узнаем, получит ли Hugo и в августе же должен выйти ее следующий роман.
Пожуем - увидим Smile

OldOldNick

UPD Релиз обновлен 31.08.2017
Добавлен новый (3-й) роман "The Stone Sky" из цикла "The Broken Earth"
Кстати, второй роман цикла (The Obelisk Gate) получил таки Hugo в этом году Smile

OldOldNick

UPD Релиз обновлен 05.02.2018
Новый роман из межавторского цикла
02 Jemisin, N. K. - Initiation (Mass Effect_ Andromeda) - 2017.epub

OldOldNick

UPD Релиз обновлен 27.12.2018
Новый сборник
Jemisin, N. K. - How Long 'til Black Future Month - 2018.epub

OldOldNick

UPD Релиз обновлен 18.12.2019
Добавлено:
Jemisin, N. K. - Give Me Cornbread or Give Me Death - 2019.fb2
Jemisin, N. K. - Emergency Skin - 2019.epub

OldOldNick

UPD Релиз обновлен 17.04.2020
Добавлен новый роман из нового цикла:
01 Jemisin, N. K. - The City We Became (The Great Cities Trilogy) - 2020.epub

OldOldNick

UPD Релиз обновлен 16.09.2021
По невыясненным обстоятельствам файл
Jemisin, N. K. - Non-Zero Probabilities - 2009.fb2
оказался содержащим другое произведение (и даже другого автора)
Заменен на правильный файл с тем же именем

OldOldNick

UPD Релиз обновлен 18.11.2022
Название цикла "The Great Cities Trilogy" заменено на "The Great Cities": планы автора изменились, теперь это дилогия.
файл 01 Jemisin, N. K. - The City We Became (The Great Cities Trilogy) - 2020.epub переименован в 01 Jemisin, N. K. - The City We Became (The Great Cities) - 2020.epub
Добавлено:
02 Jemisin, N. K. - The World We Make (The Great Cities) - 2022.epub
Ответить на тему