Error

Greenberg, Martin H. (ed.) - Lord of the Fantastic: Stories in Honor of Roger Zelazny / Гринберг, Мартин (ред.) - Лорд фантастики [1999, fb2, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Martin H. Greenberg (ed.) - Lord of the Fantastic: Stories in Honor of Roger Zelazny

Название: Lord of the Fantastic: Stories in Honor of Roger Zelazny / Лорд фантастики
Год выпуска: 1999
Под редакцией: Greenberg, Martin H. / Гринберг, Мартин
Издательство: Avon Eos
ISBN: 0-380-80886-2
Формат: fb2
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
Творчество создателя `Хроник Амбера` оказало огромное влияние на развитие американской и мировой фантастики. Многие знаменитые писатели, среди которых Роберт Шекли, Фред Саберхаген, Роберт Сильверберг, считали его своим другом и учителем. Именно они и стали авторами этой книги — великолепного сборника фантастических рассказов, посвященного памяти Роджера Желязны.
Introduction / Предисловие by Fred Saberhagen
Lethe / Лета by Walter Jon Williams
The Story Roger Never Told / История, которую Роджер так и не рассказал by Jack Williamson
The Somehow Not Yet Dead / Не совсем мертвый by Nina Kiriki Hoffman
Calling Pittsburgh / Ставка на Питтсбург by Steven Brust
If I Take the Wings of Morning / Полечу на крыльях утра by Katharine Eliska Kimbriel
Ki'rin and the Blue and White Tiger / Ки'рин и сине-белый тигр by Jane Lindskold
The Eryx / Эрикс by Robert Sheckley
Southern Discomfort / Южный дискомфорт by Jack C. Haldeman, II
Suicide Kings / Короли самоубийц by John J. Miller
Changing of the Guard / Смена караула by Thomas F. Monteleone and Robert Wayne McCoy
The Flying Dutchman / Летучий голландец by John Varley
Ninekiller and the Neterw / Найнкиллер и Нетеру by William Sanders
Call Me Titan / Зовите меня Титаном by Robert Silverberg
The Outling / Оборотень by Andre Norton
Arroyo de Oro / Арройо де Оро by Pati Nagle
Back in "The Real World" / Обратно в «Реальный мир» by Bradley H. Sinor
Mad Jack / Безумный Джек by Jennifer Roberson
Movers and Shakers / Движители и сотрясатели by Paul Dellinger
The Halfway House at the Heart of Darkness / Дом на полпути из тьмы by William Browning Spencer
Only the End of the World Again / Просто опять конец света by Neil Gaiman
Slow Symphonies of Mass and Time / Медленная симфония массы и времени by Gregory Benford
Asgard Unlimited / Асгард Анлимитед by Michael A. Stackpole
Wherefore the Rest is Silence / Потому что дальше — тишина by Gerald Hausman
CALL ME TITAN
ROBERT SILVERBERG

In Memoriam: RZ

“HOW DID YOU GET LOOSE?” THE WOMAN WHO WAS APHRODITE asked me.
“It happened. Here I am.”
“Yes,” she said. “You. Of all of them, you. In this lovely place.” She waved at the shining sun-bright sea, the glittering white stripe of the beach, the whitewashed houses, the bare brown hills. A lovely place, yes, this isle of Mykonos. “And what are you going to do now?”
“What I was created to do,” I told her. “You know.”
She considered that. We were drinking ouzo on the rocks, on the hotel patio, beneath a hanging array of fisherman’s nets. After a moment she laughed, that irresistible tinkling laugh of hers, and clinked her glass against mine.
“Lots of luck,” she said.

That was Greece. Before that was Sicily, and the mountain, and the eruption. . . .
The mountain had trembled and shaken and belched, and the red streams of molten fire began to flow downward from the ashen top, and in the first ten minutes of the eruption six little towns around the slopes were wiped out. It happened just that fast. They shouldn’t have been there, but they were, and then they weren’t. Too bad for them. But it’s always a mistake to buy real estate on Mount Etna.
The lava was really rolling. It would reach the city of Catania in a couple of hours and take out its whole northeastern quarter, and all of Sicily would be in mourning the next day. Some eruption. The biggest of all time, on this island where big eruptions have been making the news since the dinosaur days.
As for me, I couldn’t be sure what was happening up there at the summit, not yet. I was still down deep, way down, three miles from sunlight.
But in my jail cell down there beneath the roots of the giant volcano that is called Mount Etna I could tell from the shaking and the noise and the heat that this one was something special. That the prophesied Hour of Liberation had come round at last for me, after five hundred centuries as the prisoner of Zeus.
I stretched and turned and rolled over, and sat up for the first time in fifty thousand years.
Nothing was pressing down on me.
Ugly limping Hephaestus, my jailer, had set up his forge right on top of me long ago, his heavy anvils on my back. And had merrily hammered bronze and iron all day and all night for all he was worth, that clomp-legged old master craftsman. Where was Hephaestus now? Where were his anvils?
Not on me. Not any longer.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему