Error

Hoch, Edward D. (ed) - Twelve American Detective Stories / Хох, Эдвард (ред) - 12 американских детективов [1998, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Edward D. Hoch (ed) - Twelve American Detective Stories

Название: Twelve American Detective Stories / 12 американских детективов
Год выпуска: 1998
Под редакцией: Hoch, Edward D. / Хох, Эдвард
Издательство: Oxford University Press
ISBN: 0-19-288064-0
Формат: EPUB
Качество: OCR
Язык: английский

Описание:
Антология американского детектива. Среди авторов: EDGAR ALLAN POE, ELLERY QUEEN, RAYMOND CHANDLER ...
‘Thou Art the Man’ / «Ты еси муж, сотворивый сие» by EDGAR ALLAN POE
The Stolen Rubens / Загадка похищенной картины Рубенса by JACQUES FUTRELLE
The Second Bullet / Тайна второй пули by ANNA KATHARINE GREEN
The Age of Miracles by MELVILLE DAVISSON POST
The Shadow by T. S. STRIBLING
The Episode of the Nail and the Requiem by C. DALY KING
His Heart Could Break by CRAIG RICE
The House in Goblin Wood / Дом в Гоблинском лесу by CARTER DICKSON
The Dauphin's Doll / Кукла дофина by ELLERY QUEEN
The Splinter by MARY ROBERTS RINEHART
The Pencil / Карандаш by RAYMOND CHANDLER
One Drop of Blood by CORNELL WOOLRICH
RAYMOND CHANDLER

The Pencil

He was a slightly fat man with a dishonest smile that pulled the corners of his mouth out half an inch leaving the thick lips tight and his eyes bleak. For a fattish man he had a slow walk. Most fat men are brisk and light on their feet. He wore a gray herringbone suit and a handpainted tie with part of a diving girl visible on it. His shirt was clean, which comforted me, and his brown loafers, as wrong as the tie for his suit, shone from a recent polishing.
He sidled past me as I held the door between the waiting room and my thinking parlor. Once inside, he took a quick look around. I’d have placed him as a mobster, second grade, if I had been asked. For once I was right. If he carried a gun, it was inside his pants. His coat was too tight to hide the bulge of an underarm holster.
He sat down carefully and I sat opposite and we looked at each other. His face had a sort of foxy eagerness. He was sweating a little. The expression on my face was meant to be interested but not clubby. I reached for a pipe and the leather humidor in which I kept my Pearce’s tobacco. I pushed the cigarettes at him.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему