Error

Guran, Paula (ed.) - The Mammoth Book of Cthulhu / Гуран, Пола (ред.) - Большая книга Ктулху [2016, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Paula Guran (ed.) - The Mammoth Book of Cthulhu

Название: The Mammoth Book of Cthulhu / Большая книга Ктулху
Год выпуска: 2016
Под редакцией: Guran, Paula / Гуран, Пола
Издательство: ROBINSON
eISBN: 978-1-47212-004-5
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Новые произведения (один рассказ 2014 года, остальные - 2016) в духе Лавкрафта.
Introduction: Who, What, When, Where, Why ... Paula Guran
In Syllables of Elder Seas Lisa L. Hannett
The Peddler's Tale, or, Isobel's Revenge Caitlin R. Kiernan
It's All the Same Road in the End Brian Hodge
Caro in Carno Helen Marshall
The Cthulhu Navy Wife Sandra McDonald
Those Who Watch Ruthanna Emrys
A Clutch Laird Barron
Just Beyond the Trailer Park John Shirley
The Sea Inside Amanda Downum
Outside the House, Watching for the Crows John Langan
Alexandra Lost Simon Strantzas
Falcon-and-Sparrows Yoon Ha Lee
A Shadow of Thine Own Design W. H. Pugmire
Backbite Norman Partridge
In the Ruins of Mohenjo-Daro Usman T. Malik
Legacy of Salt Silvia Moreno-Garcia
I Do Not Count the Hours Michael Wehunt
An Open Letter to Mister Edgar Allan Poe, from a Fervent Admirer Michael Shea
I Dress My Lover in Yellow A. C. Wise
Deep Eden Richard Gavin
The Future Eats Everything Don Webb
I Believe That We Will Win Nadia Bulkin
In the Sacred Cave Lois H. Gresh
Umbilicus Damien Angelica Walters
Variations on Lovecraftian Themes Veronica Schanoes
The Cthulhu Navy Wife
Sandra McDonald

Security

Sometimes the nature of your husband’s work means you will not know exactly where he is going, or for how long, or what he will be doing in service to the Old Ones. He may not be able to answer questions you pose or discuss other details of his deployment. You might roll over in bed one gray, dreary morning to find him already gone. Perhaps he will return shortly, or several months from now, or not at all. But the little ones need breakfast or changed diapers, so get up with good cheer and face the day. A Navy wife never shirks from duty.
Many times your husband’s job will be “classified” and the details available only to those who “need to know.” As a Navy wife, you do not “need to know” anything beyond what it takes to keep your husband satisfied and your household run efficiently here in the city of R’lyeh under the waves. Put aside your worries and focus your energy on activities such as church, scouting, and baking contests. You and your family will be happier if you keep busy and useful.
Do remember, however, that effective security is the best way to protect our way of life and keep the Earth secure. This protection can only be as strong as the citizens who use common sense in their actions and speech.
Therefore, never press your husband for details about his job. Do not gossip with the other wives about ship schedules or activities, even when taking tea with the captain’s wife. Do practice the good habit of saying “I don’t know” if asked unnecessary questions by strangers. Do not be curious.
An important part of being a military wife is understanding that there are some things you can not know. Your life depends on it.
. . .
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему