Error

Shvartsman Alex - Unidentified Funny Objects 2 / Шварцман Алекс - Неопознанные забавные объекты 2 [2013, EPUB, ENG]

Ответить на тему

| 

Автор Сообщение

OldOldNick

Название: Unidentified Funny Objects 2 / Неопознанные забавные объекты 2
Год выпуска: 2013
Под редакцией: Shvartsman Alex / Шварцман Алекс
Издательство: UFO Publishing
ISBN: 978-0-9884328-2-6
Формат: EPUB
Качество: eBook
Язык: английский

Описание:
Сборник юмористической фантастики. Второй из серии UFO (первый: viewtopic.php?t=61152). В этот раз произведений поменьше (19 вместо 29), зато они сами побольше :-). Как и в первом сборнике, представлены произведения и новичков и известных авторов.
    FOREWORD Alex Shvartsman
    THE MSG GOLEM Ken Liu
    SERVICE CHARGE Esther Friesner
    ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED J. W. Alden
    STRANGER VS. THE MALEVOLENT MALIGNANCY Jim C. Hines
    HOW TO FEED YOUR PYROKINETIC TODDLER Fran Wilde
    A STIFF BARGAIN Matt Mikalatos
    THE GIRL WITH THE DAGON TATTOO Josh Vogt
    IMPROVED CUBICLE DOOR M.C.A. Hogarth
    ON SAFARI Mike Resnick
    HOW YOU RUINED EVERYTHING Konstantine Paradias
    INSIDER INFORMATION Jody Lynn Nye
    THE HAUNTED BLENDER K.G. Jewell
    THE RETGUN Tim Pratt
    THE DIPLOMAT’S HOLIDAY Heather Lindsley
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR APOTHEOSIS Michelle Ann King
    ONE THING LEADS TO YOUR MOTHER Desmond Warzel
    CLASS ACTION ORC James Beamon
    THE WIGGY TURPIN AFFAIR Wade Albert White
    HANNIBAL’S ELEPHANTS / Слоны Ганнибала Robert Silverberg
ON SAFARI

by Mike Resnick

It was a sunny summer day on Selous, as it always was. The sky was a perfect blue, the grass was green, and you could smell excitement in the air.
“Just think,” said Anthony Tarica, as he and his companion stepped through the hatch of the ship and began walking down the ramp to the ground. “We might have won a negatronic washer and dryer instead.”
“Poor Roberts,” agreed Linwood Donahue, following him down the ramp. “If he’d sold just three more units, he’d have replaced one of us here.” He snickered. “I hope the poor sonuvabitch has a lot of laundry.”
“I can’t believe we’re really here!” enthused Tarica. “All my life I’ve wanted to go on a real safari.”
“I wonder how they could afford it,” said Donahue. “I mean, a safari has to cost a lot more than a washer and dryer.”
“Why worry about it?” said Tarica, taking a deep breath and scenting adventure. “We’re here for the next five days, and that’s all that matters.”
They cleared customs and walked out of the tiny spaceport. They looked around, but there were no people in sight, just a few parked vehicles.
“That’s funny,” said Tarica. “I’d have thought there’d be someone from the safari company here to meet us.”
“Yeah,” said Donahue. “What do we do now?”
“If you gentlemen will step this way,” said a cultured masculine voice, “I will attend to all your needs.”
Tarica looked around. “Who said that?”
“I did.”
Tarica and Donahue exchanged looks. “Am I going crazy, or did that safari vehicle just speak to us?” asked Donahue.
“I most certainly did,” said the vehicle.
“I never saw a talking car before,” said Tarica. “Oh, back home mine reminds me to fasten my seat belt and take the keys out of the ignition and not to try to beat the yellow light, and it castigates me when I go over the speed limit, but I’ve never actually had a conversation with one.”
“I am Quatermain, your fully-equipped safari car and guide, trained in every aspect of safaris and safari life. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of the flora and fauna of Selous, I know every watering hole, every secret trail, every hidden hazard. I come equipped with a mini-kitchen in my trunk, an auxiliary trunk for your luggage, and a supply of water that will last for the duration of your safari. Furthermore, I am capable of erecting your rustic tent at day’s end, and of protecting your safety at all times. I run on a small plutonium chip, and will not run out of energy for another 27.348 Earth years.” One of the trunks popped open. “If you gentlemen will please deposit your luggage in here, we can begin our exotic adventure.”
“Right now?” asked Tarica, surprised.
“Have you a problem with that?” responded Quatermain.
“No,” said Tarica hastily. “I just expected that we’d spend a day unwinding in some luxury lodge before we set out on the actual safari.”
“Luxury lodges are incompatible with safari experience,” replied Quatermain. “If you gentlemen will climb into my back seat, we can be off on the adventure of a lifetime.”
Download
Для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация
Сайт не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Ответить на тему